Criminal Records, Expungement Expungement

B

Bruce

Jurisdiction
Indiana
I have 27/28 felonies on my record that makes it difficult to find a decent job, my last offense occurred in 2005, i completed my sentence, parole, restitution and everything else like i was ordered to. Almost everyone of my felonies has to do with burglary, theft, receiving stolen etc.. i heard you had to pay for each felony and that would probably be pretty expensive. I desperately need a good job and im not the same person now as i was in 2005, what should I do?

I have 27/28 felonies on my record that makes it difficult to find a decent job, my last offense occurred in 2005, i completed my sentence, parole, restitution and everything else like i was ordered to. Almost everyone of my felonies has to do with burglary, theft, receiving stolen etc.. i heard you had to pay for each felony and that would probably be pretty expensive. I desperately need a good job and im not the same person now as i was in 2005, what should I do?

Expungements aren't the same as a pardon.
If you had one felony, an expungement could be of some help.
However, with two dozen felonies, you're not a candidate for expungement.
There's hope, because the presidential candidates are talking about helping convicted felons redeem themselves, live their lives.
I hope something gets done and society goes back to the idea of do your time, pay your debt, return to society, live your life.

Expungements aren't the same as a pardon.
If you had one felony, an expungement could be of some help.
However, with two dozen felonies, you're not a candidate for expungement.
There's hope, because the presidential candidates are talking about helping convicted felons redeem themselves, live their lives.
I hope something gets done and society goes back to the idea of do your time, pay your debt, return to society, live your life.

Re trying to get/find a job, the only thing you can do is keep looking & applying for positions. Apply everywhere you can. Some smaller businesses & small "Mom & Pop" shops are little more lax in doing background checks & in hiring ex offenders.

If you do an in person interview, be polite, dress nicely/clean - look like someone they would want to hire.

Good luck.

Back