Ex-Boyfriend videotaped sex when I didnt know

Status
Not open for further replies.

ineedadvice936

A few years ago a guy videotaped us having sex, and I didn't know he was video taping it. Since then he has been showing it to people for free or for money. In one of the video's I was 17 years old. Is there anything I can do? Please help me! I feel so violated.

A few years ago a guy videotaped us having sex, and I didn't know he was video taping it. Since then he has been showing it to people for free or for money. In one of the video's I was 17 years old. Is there anything I can do? Please help me! I feel so violated.
I'm very sorry to hear - this must be a horrible experience. Unfortunately we don't know many important facts and care must be taken in disclosing them in a public forum. Here are some of the issues: When you say "a guy" - what do you mean? Was this the same person with whom you were having sex or a peeping tom who filmed you through a window? In each instance, a different law might apply which could be of assistance to you, e.g. trespass by the neighbor (and the neighbor may not need to be on the property). This is also the case with regard to state laws - states like California have much more stringent privacy laws than other states, enacted to deal with problems of famous people being pursued by the Paparazzi. How old is the person who did the taping? How were they able to tape you? This is a very sensitive matter and, if possible, I would want to speak to an attorney to see what could be done and measures taken against the taper and he/she would have access to all the details. In this manner, someone can act on your behalf without your name being as exposed and may also have a better appreciation for how to obtain the proper action. A lawyer will also be able to make sure that sufficient evidence is obtained to move forward in whatever action could be taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back