Emergency Ex Parte Custody Order Minnesota

Ash2Ashez

Jurisdiction
Minnesota
I am a single mom of one. I had my son in Michigan but moved to Minnesota so his father could be a part of his life. I was young and dumb when I agreed to equal custody, physical and legal. My son's father has never paid a dime to support him. He found a rich woman to pay for an attorney for him. All I could get was legal aid. The father took off with our son to Colorado without mine or the courts approval. In December he took off with our son to Wisconsin. When we went to court after he moved to Colorado the judge ignored written law. I have never endangered my son or broken any laws. I've always provided a safe, happy, and healthy home for my son. Yet I was told I could not leave the city and the father was free to roam and send whomever he wanted to pick our son up for his visit. I currently live in Michigan now since my young mother got sick and passed and there is nothing left for me in Minnesota. Monday morning the motion will be filed but I need some advice. I will be changing venue once I have my son physically and know he is safe. His father took him out of school in December and hasn't provided any health care. This is a complex situation as I am going thru what most father's do. Any advice welcome or just someone with similar complexity's to talk to. Thanks.

So did the dad get custody or is it still joint? Anyone can pick up your son for his visitation though just fyi. Child support doesn't have to be paid to get visitation either. But if he has a rich sugar mama I'm surprised she didn't pay it for him since she allegedly paid for a lawyer for him.

All you can do is play it out in the court. Luckily I don't have to worry about this at all. I have sole custody and there's no parenting plan until he does the online parenting class and mediation and he's too lazy to do that or use money on his child or other children.

We have shared custody but he has primary residence. The father and his ex suga mamma still owe the lawyer a lot of money as well.

We have shared custody but he has primary residence. The father and his ex suga mamma still owe the lawyer a lot of money as well.

His "suga mammy" wasn't so sugary,if she still owes the lawyer.
I'd say she's more of a "Splenda mammy", as in faking that bling bling!!!

Back