Durable Power of Attorney

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKoogle

Jurisdiction
Texas
Is a Well-Woman Exam (Pap Smear) considered an Invasive Procedure?

In our Divorce Decree and subsequent Temporary Orders to Modify Parent-Child Relationship, it is stated that both parents are ORDERED "the right, SUBJECT TO THE AGREEMENT OF THE OTHER PARENT CONSERVATOR, to consent to medical, dental, and surgical treatment involving INVASIVE PROCEDURES."

Is a Well-Woman Exam (Pap Smear) considered an "invasive procedure?"

Thank you,
KKoogle

Will an attorney please upload an editable Durable Power of Attorney without limitations?

Thank you,
KKoogle

Last edited by a moderator:
Is a Well-Woman Exam (Pap Smear) considered an Invasive Procedure?

In our Divorce Decree and subsequent Temporary Orders to Modify Parent-Child Relationship, it is stated that both parents are ORDERED "the right, SUBJECT TO THE AGREEMENT OF THE OTHER PARENT CONSERVATOR, to consent to medical, dental, and surgical treatment involving INVASIVE PROCEDURES."

Is a Well-Woman Exam (Pap Smear) considered an "invasive procedure?"

Thank you,
KKoogle

Will an attorney please upload an editable Durable Power of Attorney without limitations?

Thank you,
KKoogle

There's nothing considered invasive about a pap smear.
You should, of course, confirm that with an MD or DO.

You can search the internet for all manner of durable POA.
If the durable POA is for medical usage, the health care provider (as in hospital) often provides such blank forms for your use.

Dear army judge,
Thank you for taking the time to try and answer my questions.
I asked my first question regarding "invasive procedures" in the Child Custody portion of TheLaw.com forum and later asked about the Durable POA in a different forum.
It seems as though both of my questions were grouped together and sent to your area of specialty.
Please let me quote here some answers about "invasive procedures" in case you are ever in a position to help another mother who's daughter was taken by her father and left unsupervised leading to all of the behaviors the mother was trying to prevent the daughter from engaging in.
Since I already quoted from the Court Orders the requirement that both parent's consent is required prior to an "invasive procedure," I will leave it at that - this is a very important legal question, not one to be casually dismissed.
Introduction: Invasive procedure
Description of Invasive procedure
Invasive procedure: Any technique where entry to a body cavity is required or where the normal function of the body is in some way interrupted. Includes procedures such as colonoscopy and pap smear.

Invasive procedure: A medical procedure that invades (enters) the body, usually by cutting or puncturing the skin or by inserting instruments into the body.
Source: National Institute of Health

Regarding my request to upload a Durable Power of Attorney, I find your answer to be rather flippant. If I was able to navigate TheLaw.com site, certainly I would already have searched for the correct form on the web.

KKoogle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back