dealer backed out

rosanna

Jurisdiction
California
we went to car dealership and found vehicle. we began to negotiate a out the door price both via telephone conversations and text messages. we agreed on a price and went in to sign paperwork and the were are to they will not honor the price. what are my legal rights?

we went to car dealership and found vehicle. we began to negotiate a out the door price both via telephone conversations and text messages. we agreed on a price and went in to sign paperwork and the were are to they will not honor the price. what are my legal rights?

Last edited by a moderator:

None. Negotiation failed and you had no contract.

Learn never to trust a car dealer.

You can still continue to negotiate. You'll do better at it if you already have money in the bank to cover the cost of the car and can pay for it at the dealership when you want to buy it.

But if you are depending on trading in a car and getting a loan through the dealer, or just getting a loan through the dealer, the dealer will just play with the figures, make you think you are getting a good price, but will screw you on the trade and the loan and you won't know what hit you.

They go to special dealer school to learn all that and the consumer has no better chance than a mouse running from an owl.

Back