Dad abandoned kids, I want full custody

O

Ocede001

Jurisdiction
New York
My husband left me and my kids back in 2010, it's been 6 years since he is gone. He left the country and hasn't been back since. I want to have full custody of my kids, me and the father of my kids were never married. What can I do to have full custody even tho he is not in the country?

If you were never married, he has no rights to the kids unless he went to court & proved paternity by DNA testing.

My husband left me and my kids back in 2010, it's been 6 years since he is gone. He left the country and hasn't been back since. I want to have full custody of my kids, me and the father of my kids were never married. What can I do to have full custody even tho he is not in the country?

Six years since the dude absconded, huh?

I wouldn't worry, he's not coming back to the USA.

If he does return, it'll be to hook up with someone weak minded enough to fall for his lies.

I suggest you live your life, parent your children.

Forget about the conman, who simply donated the sperm to gift you with a great family.

Good luck, dude never had any parental rights, you've had full parental rights from the moment the first child was conceived.

So the father of your children is not your husband? Were you married at the time the children were born? Did hubby ever adopt the kids? Where is their actual father? Was paternity ever established legally?

So wait - is your estranged husband the father of the kids or no? If you and the father of the children were never married, you have custody. If your husband (their stepfather) never adopted them he has never had any rights to them.

Back