Custody

Edwards2011

Jurisdiction
Florida
I have legal custody of my daughter her father gets her for the summer. He took it upon him self and placed her on Abilify without my consent and fully knowing against my wishes. The doctor who seen her also did not have permission to even see my daughter as said father isn't on her birth certificate. I strongly admit he doesn't know her medical history. I have a verified motion of child pick up hearing set for 9/28/16 ( does this mean he will have to return her). I asked him to send her home as of 8/26/16 he told me via text to buy a plane ticket.So I do and sent him a text with her itinerary he then confirmed her attendance he thenfikl itinerary he then confirm her attendance he then he also said now was that so hard followed the c confirmation with now was that so hard. (8-7-16) Since then has only allowed me to talk to her four times and has blocked my number. He stated after I drove to Orlando from ft Myers to pick up my daughter and waited for her flight to get one more text saying she will not be coming... I have two daughters with him and he sent our oldest back home and has not called her whatsoever since her return. He said he is keeping my other daughter as he fears for her safety. Now I'm I'm mistaken he should have a. Notified my local sheriffs office and states attorney to inform them of his so called reasonings within 10 days of getting my daughter correct? The last time I spoke to my child she asked why I don't call her ( I still call text and email every day even though I know I'm blocked I have had five well checks on my daughter where he has never allowed them inside the home) I have custody granted to me by Illinois and Florida has not yet adopted my case as I didn't know I needed to do this yet temporary jurisdiction will be in place via pending hearing next Wednesday. He also tried to get a op on me for our daughter twice once on 8/25 and again on 9/6/16 and was denied both times. What can I do? He is alienating my daughter that alone is a form of abuse, interfering with child custody and what happens at this court date???? Will she be returned???? What if he doesn't bring her to Florida with him???

Your remedy POTENTIALLY awaits you in a court room, perhaps you'll know some (maybe all) of the answers you seek on or about 28 September.

I "think" he is saying you "should" get your answers or some of your answers on the 9-28 hearing date. That is your best bet - wait until then.

It is very difficult to read your post. If you have a current court order for visitation and custody, you follow that until such a time as you go back to court and a judge orders a different arrangement. If one of you violates that current court order, you file for contempt and hash it out in front of a judge. It does not matter if he is on the birth certificate or not if there is a court order granting him custody/visitation. The terms of that order also should cover who makes the decision regarding medical care. Typically, both parents are granted that right and it is up to the two of you to work it out, just like any other parents with differing opinions would do.

It is very difficult to read your post. If you have a current court order for visitation and custody, you follow that until such a time as you go back to court and a judge orders a different arrangement. If one of you violates that current court order, you file for contempt and hash it out in front of a judge. It does not matter if he is on the birth certificate or not if there is a court order granting him custody/visitation. The terms of that order also should cover who makes the decision regarding medical care. Typically, both parents are granted that right and it is up to the two of you to work it out, just like any other parents with differing opinions would do.
Good I'm not the only one who had trouble reading the OP...

No actually I have full custody.
Simple text
I'm blocked from communication with my daughter.
I have a hearing for child pick up (not knowing what to expect)
Dad kept youngest daughter, sent oldest daughter home.
I bought a plane ticket for youngest daughter he confirmed she would be on flight. Waited to until flight landed texted me saying she would not be there as he is keeping her until court and lets the judge decide.
My issue is this is a child pick up hearing not custody I already was given this. I'm attaching said agreement.

So it seems that you're going to court because he didn't return your daughter at the end of his visitation time. What's the issue? He has to show up to court and explain why he didn't give the kid back I would assume. If he doesn't show up - I would think then they issue an alert for your kid and he would be in contempt.

That is the weirdest order I've ever seen. I guess I only have my divorce decree but nothing I've ever had through the court was handwritten.

Almost everything in Illinois has been hand written except my child support orders. But correct he has not returned her and for unknown reason all he says is she is better with him. Not sure but it is not the correct way to handle any situation.

Almost everything in Illinois has been hand written except my child support orders. But correct he has not returned her and for unknown reason all he says is she is better with him. Not sure but it is not the correct way to handle any situation.

You'll learn many things tomorrow.

After that, the real fun begins.

Be ready to really have to rumble, that is, if the other party even participates.

Well what's sad is how he won't let me talk with my daughter.
He has just been nasty about this. I do believe she will return since it's a child pick up order hearing.
What to expect is just total false allegations. It breaks me that my sweet girl truly is stuck in the middle. I just want her where she belongs and I do not see her as a possession

Well what's sad is how he won't let me talk with my daughter.
He has just been nasty about this. I do believe she will return since it's a child pick up order hearing.
What to expect is just total false allegations. It breaks me that my sweet girl truly is stuck in the middle. I just want her where she belongs and I do not see her as a possession

If the child is in another state, that makes things complicated.

Back