Custody

Jurisdiction
California
My 15 year old son and I got in a big fight the other night which ended in him calling me some Choice names and me slapping him across the face. I then asked his dad to come and get him so I could get a break. His dad came and got him and his thirteen-year-old brother and now they won't come back home. I do not know what to do. Their dad is not keeping them from me they don't want to come back. The 15 year old and I have been fighting for months regarding his grades he is getting an f and 3DS and I don't seem to be able to get through to him for his studying habits to improve. My ex and I have 50/50 custody. I am the one who is in charge of all these school-related issues and the one who checks up on grades Exedra. My ex-husband steps in when there's a crisis but doesn't usually help along the way to make sure the crisis never happens.

Ok what is your legal question here? It appears you have a "parenting" issue and a serious one at that. Below is a link to a Parenting forum hosted by this site. There you can likely find other parents who may have been through similar situations and find out how they dealt with it

My 15 year old son and I got in a big fight the other night which ended in him calling me some Choice names and me slapping him across the face. I then asked his dad to come and get him so I could get a break. His dad came and got him and his thirteen-year-old brother and now they won't come back home. I do not know what to do. Their dad is not keeping them from me they don't want to come back. The 15 year old and I have been fighting for months regarding his grades he is getting an f and 3DS and I don't seem to be able to get through to him for his studying habits to improve. My ex and I have 50/50 custody. I am the one who is in charge of all these school-related issues and the one who checks up on grades Exedra. My ex-husband steps in when there's a crisis but doesn't usually help along the way to make sure the crisis never happens.

If you are the custodial parent, you simply go get the little ne'er do wells.

I won't say any more, because you need to reflect on things, ma'am.

Back