Custody of my neices.

AUNTYASHY

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
Let me start of by saying my sister is currently in jail and is serving 11/29. She has already completed 10 months so she wil be getting out soon, but has to really get back on her feet before she can even think about trying to get custody back which could be another6 months to a year. The issue I am having is were my neices are currently placed. In the begining my neices where taken out of my sisters custody and custody was given to their birth father. At the time i thought this was the most stable home and the best place to be. About a month after they went to there father and his girlfriend their father was placed in jail to do some hard time...i contacted the court to get info on the placement of my neices and they told me i needed a lawyer to receive any of that info. I found out a couple days later that their father got married to his girlfriend and quickly signed over custody of my neices. After visiting with my neices she tells me they have changed school 6 times, she knows they smoke pot, they sleep out of a van, and they get left in the girlfriends hot car.... i want to know the steps i need to take to gain custody of my neices or if its even possible. I also want the court to follow up on the process dcs took to get the children out of my sisters xustody initially just to make sure everything was done professionally and appropriately. What should i do next?

If you think children are being neglected or abused, you contact DHR/DHS/CPS/DFCS or whatever agency in your state is responsible for the safety and welfare of children.

If you think children are being neglected or abused, you contact DHR/DHS/CPS/DFCS or whatever agency in your state is responsible for the safety and welfare of children.
Thank you for responding....I have. She now has an open case on her...just a long process.

Back