counselor counseled my son for 8 sessions after being denied consent

J

johnny parses

Jurisdiction
California
the counselor had him in group counseling sessions after me saying verbally no I do not consent to any counseling , "i talked to a counselor today she gave me candy" says to my sister .thats the only way I found out . well my sister went with me to the meeting with the principal and the counselor , the counselor was no show . I asked the principal for the signed permission slip because I had no idea this was going on .the principal tells me she has been sending you weekly reports I said no she has not I checked all my mail folders I have not received any mail. Or calls or anything . I asked when were these sessions held she says im not sure I will have to ask megan , she says he was in group sessions with another student , to verify there was no 1 on 1 sessions I asked her reply was none and saying we are being transparent we are not trying to hide anything . so I request a copy of the transcripts they were supposed to be brought by the counselor . she started to go through a stack of papers she says I think megan will have to go through these and get the others together these have stuff from the other student I cant give you these i asked can I see my sons notes can you cover up everything else I just want to see my sons notes she said I cant I will have to talk to megan and we will have set up another meeting so we all can talk , I ask why did this even happen she says we take this very seriously when we feel a student is a danger to himself or others. I asked what did you hear my son say ? what teacher heard this she says a forth grader told a teacher i heard jayson say something about kill himself. i So let me get this straight my son for 8 weeks has been taken out of class and sat in group counseling I specifically said no when she asked me and again I say from what you heard from a younger student , jayson said kill himself , and you knew about this? she says she says you gave her permission .so i was was told i would get the email tomorrow no call or email .next day i get a call asking what my email is . then i didnt get a call again so the next morning after dropping my son off i decide to go back and went to the office and ask to speak to the principal i ask for a printout her printer doesnt work and i asked if sent reports to the wrong email it would not be deliverable she makes excuse after excuse and flat out lies to my face about the things she just said .i decided to take my son out of school cuz i dont think he is safe well on the way home i explained and iwas saying just group sessions my son corrected me saying i was in 4-5 sessions by myself .what can i do my son is 11 he told me he was talking ton his friends about minecraft videogame

Im needing to go out she says she will email the transcripts to me and says only day we all can be here in middle next week

Leave your son in school. Tell him not to go to the counseling sessions. Tell him to stay in class and to call you if anyone tells him to go anywhere else.

the counselor had him in group counseling sessions after me saying verbally no I do not consent to any counseling

That was your mistake. Now you know. You need to put everything in writing with those people and lay a verifiable paper trail.

Right now they are circling the wagons and stalling you in an attempt to avoid any culpability.

i decided to take my son out of school cuz i dont think he is safe

Bad idea. Safe from what? Nobody's beating up on him. He's 11. Don't turn him into a momma's boy.

Tell him not to go to the counseling sessions. Tell him to stay in class and to call you if anyone tells him to go anywhere else.

I concur with that advice. He's 11. He's old enough to stand up for himself and say "no, I'm calling my parent."

the counselor had him in group counseling sessions after me saying verbally no I do not consent to any counseling

That was your mistake. Now you know. You need to put everything in writing with those people and lay a verifiable paper trail.

Right now they are circling the wagons and stalling you in an attempt to avoid any culpability.

i decided to take my son out of school cuz i dont think he is safe

Bad idea. Safe from what? Nobody's beating up on him. He's 11. Don't turn him into a momma's boy.

Tell him not to go to the counseling sessions. Tell him to stay in class and to call you if anyone tells him to go anywhere else.

I concur with that advice. He's 11. He's old enough to stand up for himself and say "no, I'm calling my parent."

Back