1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Contractor Agreement that has the wrong date! Consumer Law, Warranties

Discussion in 'Consumer Law, Contracts, Warranties' started by tieka, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tieka

tieka Law Topic Starter New Member

I signed a contractor agreement back in August that states the duration of contract will be in effect for a 12 month period. The beginning date will be 8/22/08 and the expiration date will be 12:01 a.m. on 8/21/08. So, since 8/22/08 to 8/21/08 obviously isn't one full year, is this contract a binding contract? Thanks!

2. presutin

presutin Moderator

Yes; one can see that is obviously a typo!

3. tieka

LOL! What if I didn't initial the beginning of the contract, but initialed everything else and also signed it? Can I use that to benefit me?

4. presutin

presutin Moderator

Unfortunately no, since all the pages and your signature are at the end of the contract. Again, you could have skipped a page but the main thing is the beautiful signature at the end of the contract. Initialing something is just a way to confirm that you understood what a clause or paragraph says. Good luck to you!

5. tieka

Thanks for all the help. I will just have to get out of the contract the old fashioned way and put in my notice HA! I guess I can always make the other parties life miserable until they void the contract :)