Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Confirmation

Hmk13

My bf caught shoplifting around 3 months back . He signed forms which he doesnt know what he signed. No police were involved . Amount is below 200$ . He paid civil demand as soon as he got it. So now he wanted to know whether there is any report on him in his county police station. Can he call his county department or municipal court in his jurisdiction ? To know whether the store lodged complaint against him ? Or court whether they got any report ? He was going to another state on his project work for a month. So he wanted to know whether his name is clear or not

My bf caught shoplifting around 3 months back . He signed forms which he doesnt know what he signed. No police were involved . Amount is below 200$ . He paid civil demand as soon as he got it. So now he wanted to know whether there is any report on him in his county police station. Can he call his county department or municipal court in his jurisdiction ? To know whether the store lodged complaint against him ? Or court whether they got any report ? He was going to another state on his project work for a month. So he wanted to know whether his name is clear or not

Yes, tell your curious BF, he can do EVERYTHING you asked about.

Usually, if a sucker, err a thief is nabbed red handed, pays the civil demand in FULL; the store forgets the entire incident.

I am a Retail theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily. The store has NOTHING to gain by filing a criminal complaint at this point

Since he paid the civil demand & no police were called originally, that should be the end of it.

Back