Concerned Mom Needing Some Answers

• Thread Starter concernedmommy89
  • Start date
C

concernedmommy89

Jurisdiction
Illinois
I just recently found out that I am pregnant. In November 2011 I gave birth to my son. I had very bad post-partum depression and DCFS took custody of my son when he was diagnosed with shaken baby syndrome. I turned myself into the police and served 17 months in prison for my mistake that I don't even recall making. Will I be able to keep this baby without DCFS taking my child? I have changed so much since all that happened with my son in 2011. I have my own apartment, I have a job, my boyfriend has a job as well. My son was adopted by my biological father and his wife in 2014.

DCFS operates in its own, mystical, magical ways.
When DCFS decides to pounce, they pounce.
Will DCFS come after you?
Hard to know, but if DCFS does come your way, you'll know the answers to yoru questions after your encounter.

If you want to keep the DCFS wolf away from yoru door, delay getting pregnant until somewhere in the spring 2023.

DCFS operates in its own, mystical, magical ways.
When DCFS decides to pounce, they pounce.
Will DCFS come after you?
Hard to know, but if DCFS does come your way, you'll know the answers to yoru questions after your encounter.

If you want to keep the DCFS wolf away from yoru door, delay getting pregnant until somewhere in the spring 2023.
It's a little late for that - she said in the first sentence she just recently found out she's pregnant.

I just recently found out that I am pregnant. In November 2011 I gave birth to my son. I had very bad post-partum depression and DCFS took custody of my son when he was diagnosed with shaken baby syndrome. I turned myself into the police and served 17 months in prison for my mistake that I don't even recall making. Will I be able to keep this baby without DCFS taking my child? I have changed so much since all that happened with my son in 2011. I have my own apartment, I have a job, my boyfriend has a job as well. My son was adopted by my biological father and his wife in 2014.

Depends on DCFS. Didn't you think perhaps it was probably a better idea to not have anymore kids if you had to register as a violent offender until 2023? Not much you can do now unless you choose to get an abortion. But it sounds like you're keeping this pregnancy going.

I would assume DCFS will make visits at the very least. But it's up to them once you have a baby. For now they can't really do much because there's no baby yet.

It's a little late for that - she said in the first sentence she just recently found out she's pregnant.

Yes, I read the top post. My admonition was to her FUTURE pregnancies. That said, she might still have a certain "option" available to her during this alleged pregnancy.

Yes, I read the top post. My admonition was to her FUTURE pregnancies. That said, she might still have a certain "option" available to her during this alleged pregnancy.
She could - depends on how far along she is. Doesn't sound like that option will come into play though. Poor kid.

This baby will not automatically be removed from your home but that does not mean you are totally home free. Expect that you will at least get a visit from DCFS.

Back