child support

joelabjoe

Jurisdiction
Florida
During my divorce I was threatened and intimated by what ex had told and showed me online about how much I would pay her and that she would take half my business as well......mutually agreed to 900 a month for out two girls. She has them one more night a year than me. She doesn't get alimony or any of my business. Am I overpaying since we split the kids 50/50 and she makes a bit less than me. Can she ask for alimony and part of my business now? I'm struggling to e enjoy the time with my kids with this amount. Do I have any options?

During my divorce I was threatened and intimated by what ex had told and showed me online about how much I would pay her and that she would take half my business as well......mutually agreed to 900 a month for out two girls. She has them one more night a year than me. She doesn't get alimony or any of my business. Am I overpaying since we split the kids 50/50 and she makes a bit less than me. Can she ask for alimony and part of my business now? I'm struggling to e enjoy the time with my kids with this amount. Do I have any options?

Here are a couple of child support calculators for the State of FL:

Florida Child Support Calculator - AllLaw.com

FloridaChildSupportCalculatorZ.xlsx

Okay, you can run YOUR numbers and get an idea what the state says a mother or father of two children should pay.

I suggest you run your predicament by a FL licensed domestic relations or family law attorney.

Its best you not reveal TOO much about your financial affairs to anyone but the IRS, your CPA, or your attorney.

A simple answer, yeah, you're probably paying about $100 less than what the calculator might reveal.

YMMV...

Back