Child Support Timelines?

quincyphoenix

Jurisdiction
Arizona
I have a 5 month old baby, I filed for child support about 50 days ago after going back and forth with the father, I wanted him and I to have something consistent set up(how much he would help financially and what days he would have her)with being a single mom I like to have days set so I can make arrangements for her daycare and what days it would be easiest for me to work. He did not want anything consistent just to help when he can. He came over to my home over the weekend and wanted a key to my house that he once had, I said no since he does not speak to me regularly and it makes me uncomfortable and he started throwing things and yelling and at one point laughed at me and said "I don't have to support her yet" he has mentioned several times that he is not responding to the child support papers. I've never done this before so I am just wondering if there is anything I should do or what will happen if he doesn't respond?

I have a 5 month old baby, I filed for child support about 50 days ago after going back and forth with the father, I wanted him and I to have something consistent set up(how much he would help financially and what days he would have her)with being a single mom I like to have days set so I can make arrangements for her daycare and what days it would be easiest for me to work. He did not want anything consistent just to help when he can. He came over to my home over the weekend and wanted a key to my house that he once had, I said no since he does not speak to me regularly and it makes me uncomfortable and he started throwing things and yelling and at one point laughed at me and said "I don't have to support her yet" he has mentioned several times that he is not responding to the child support papers. I've never done this before so I am just wondering if there is anything I should do or what will happen if he doesn't respond?

Okay, he's right, in one sense.

An unmarried male has the right to have a paternity test to PROVE, he's the father.

Once that's been completed, the chid support order is created.

It's all done for FREE for the mother.

She, or the dad can contact the state child support enforcement agency to start the paternity testing, and then have the child support order created.

I suggest you don't ever, from this moment forward, be alone with him.

Don't allow him into your home.

Stop communicating with him.

Communicate only with your lawyer, or this agency who will get him tested, and eventually get you a child support order:
Arizona Child Support Services | Arizona Department of Economic Security
You can start this online, tonight, as noted above. /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Okay, he's right, in one sense.

An unmarried male has the right to have a paternity test to PROVE, he's the father.

Once that's been completed, the chid support order is created.

It's all done for FREE for the mother.

She, or the dad can contact the state child support enforcement agency to start the paternity testing, and then have the child support order created.

I suggest you don't ever, from this moment forward, be alone with him.

Don't allow him into your home.

Stop communicating with him.

Communicate only with your lawyer, or this agency who will get him tested, and eventually get you a child support order:
Thank you. I understand I wasn't clear in the fact that he is on the birth certificate and legally the father, him saying that he doesn't have to support her, he meant that he has not responded to the child support papers so he hasn't begun the process, I don't know if that makes sense, I obviously haven't read what he was sent.

Thank you. I understand I wasn't clear in the fact that he is on the birth certificate and legally the father, him saying that he doesn't have to support her, he meant that he has not responded to the child support papers so he hasn't begun the process, I don't know if that makes sense, I obviously haven't read what he was sent.

This is the agency in your state:
/\/\/\/\/\

Be patient.
The birth certificate isn't all that relevant in support matters.
He's probably requesting, or going to request a paternity test.
He's also probably ducking, dodging, slipping, and sliding to avoid being properly served.
Eventually, he'll be served.
So, patience until then.
Also don't plan on him honoring his obligations, even if he's ordered to pay child support.
Most of the deadbeat losers are only interested in intercourse.
As I said, avoid him like he has the plague.
He's probably up to no good.
He might even rape you, or beat you.
His violent tendencies were shown to you.
Please, for the sake of your baby, be careful and be safe!!!!
You're sitting on a winner.
But, it does take time!!!

This is the agency in your state:
/\/\/\/\/\

Be patient.
The birth certificate isn't all that relevant in support matters.
He's probably requesting, or going to request a paternity test.
He's also probably ducking, dodging, slipping, and sliding to avoid being properly served.
Eventually, he'll be served.
So, patience until then.
Also don't plan on him honoring his obligations, even if he's ordered to pay child support.
Most of the deadbeat losers are only interested in intercourse.
As I said, avoid him like he has the plague.
He's probably up to no good.
He might even rape you, or beat you.
His violent tendencies were shown to you.
Please, for the sake of your baby, be careful and be safe!!!!
You're sitting on a winner.
But, it does take time!!!

Thank you, only have one other question. Am I legally allowed to avoid him right now when he texts/calls to see our daughter? I have been giving him time when he asks since he is her father, he will not speak to me for weeks at a time but when he does he wants to see her. Is it fair or right for me to say no to that? Him seeing her is the only time I see him.

Thank you, only have one other question. Am I legally allowed to avoid him right now when he texts/calls to see our daughter? I have been giving him time when he asks since he is her father, he will not speak to me for weeks at a time but when he does he wants to see her. Is it fair or right for me to say no to that? Him seeing her is the only time I see him.

All unmarried males who are alleged to have fathered any child have NO parental rights, unless and until he goes (or is taken) to court to establish his paternity.

Once that is settled, he must petition the court for any visitation.

All parental rights (in all 50 states) are vested COMPLETELY in the birth mothers of all said children.

That would be you, mom.

Yes, you are within your rights to ignore him completely, until paternity has been established, and a court visitation order has been issued by a judge.

With a violent, explosive deadbeat, such as the one you described, to allow him to visit the child in YOUR home is foolish, and potentially harmful to you and your child's lives.

Stop thinking about helping the deadbeat, he'll never improve.

Think only of you and your child.

You don't need him in your life, or your child's life, and certainly NEVER in your home.

I would ask the court for supervised visitations because of his violent behavior, and the threats he has made to harm you.

Be smart, don't allow the savage to beguile you, anymore!!!

Everything said is right. Legally he has no rights because you weren't married when the baby was born. Until the court establishes his paternity, you don't have to let him see or talk to your daughter. You don't have to talk to him at all. He doesn't have to pay a dime either until the court orders him to do so.

I'm going to tell you what I told someone else - do not bank on him giving you child support even if it's court ordered at some point. You need to take care of your child yourself. If he gives you money that's great. But don't depend on it. Don't end up paying bills late because you didn't get child support.

If he has been abusive or violent to you, I suggest a protection order. Yes it's only a piece of paper but if he shows up at your house you can get him arrested. Also agreed don't talk to him anymore or let him near your house or in your house. Definitely do NOT give him a key. If he breaks your stuff, call the cops. He has no right to be in your house or break stuff or abuse you. Although I don't think it's as extreme as he'll rape you...I guess anything is possible? Anyway, take care of you and your daughter. That's it. No one else. He is not your problem right now. If he gets court ordered visitation then he is your problem in that aspect. But I would ask for supervised visits also.

Now if he doesn't show up for court, he won't get any visitation. My ex husband didn't show up for any of the hearings and he has no visitation unless I allow it.

Back