Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Charged with M.I.P., M.I.C. and Possession of Marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddahLova

On june 27th of this year i was stopped by the police after having 4 beers (i wasn't driving). I am 17 years old. They found beer in the car and marijuana in my pocket (less than 1 gram). I've been charged with MIP, MIC and possession of marijuana. I'm supposed to get something in the mail about court in a month or 2. What will the likely penalties be?

It depends on where you are. You may have the option of a drug court, where you are under a kind of supervised probation and the charges are, in essence, dismissed after completion.

Then again, some place will charge you with misdemeanors, it's all about where you live. MIP where i live used to be a civil infraction, then they changed it to a misdemeanor, etc.

Since you have to wait 2 months to get any information about court, likely your arraignment date, it seems to me they likely won't give you any harsh penalties.

Good Luck.

i'm in washington state. what exactly is drug court and how long does it last? are there random drug tests or what? right now im staying sober so i can get a job and pay whatever fine there will be. and will i need to hire a lawyer?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back