ccan he legaly take the truck off my property?

H

hurt soul

Jurisdiction
New Hampshire
i was sued for not finishing a frame repair on a truck,i lost the suit and am required to pay full value of the truck$9,000.00...the truck is still in my driveway and has been for 3 years...the owner now wants to come get the truck...do i have to return the truck since i am responsible to pay full value of the vehicle...i was going to sell it to pay for some of the suit i now owe...just wondering what my rights are,as i was told bye a friend he is coming with police aand a wrecker tomorrow morning...thanx in advance...i wasnt able to finish the truck do to injuries that occured after i started the work...i lost the suit because i couldnt make it to court and even though i called the court they wouldnt continue the hearing...thanx in advance for any advice on my right to not allow him to take said vehicle

Read this:
It explains how judgments are to be executed in NH.
He must have a "writ of execution" to levy against your truck.
You have the right to seek exemptions for certain property.
I don't think you fully understand your rights.
Like most people, you resist seeking REAL legal advice settling for rumors and FREE advice over the Internet.
If it is your truck, you can simply take it to a secret, secure location tonight!
He may NOT have the legal right to levy against our truck.
There's no way for a stranger to really know.
All we can do is throw you a candy bar, or a biscuit, which isn't real legal nourishment, mate.
NH Collecting the Judgment - Lawyers.com
Exempt property or money that can't be reached through the Writ includes the defendant-debtor's homestead real estate (his home); money he receives from public assistance programs, such as worker's compensation, unemployment and Social Security benefits; and a certain amount of things like household furnishings and clothing. The court clerk or sheriff should be able to give you a list of exempt property.
If the truck is HIS truckj, why can't he recalim HIS property?
There are things others don't and will never know, mate.
I'm afraid you really need a licensed NH lawyer to know for sure.
""""
""""
http://www.nationallist.com/image/cache/White_Paper_New_Hampshire_Debt_Collection.pdf
||||||
||||||
http://www.nationallist.com/image/cache/White_Paper_New_Hampshire_Debt_Collection.pdf

he was the owner of the truck...i am not a buisness,i was just a friend helping him with fixing it...the truck is in many pieces and cannot be removed without doing more damage to it...i never held the truck from him and he could have picked it up at any point through the 3 years if he wasnt happy but chose to let it sit untill he sued me a couple months ago...he won a 9,000 dollar suit for the value of the truck...i dont want to give it back now because i owe him for the thing ,why should i?...i was going to have a friend fix it up for me so i can sell the truck to recoup the lawsuit money...if i give him the truck back he is going to fix it,and drive it,and still come and collect the 9,000 dollar value on the truck...i never got payed anything to even do the work and there was never any contracts so,im lost,and he will be here in the morning so i dont have anyone to call for advice so i turned here....thanx again for any advice...i hope those details will let anyone know thats reading this that it was a simple friend helping a friend,and that friend took advantage of me,and now looks like im going to get the shaft :/...and i dont have the money to put down on a lawer,im disabled and scratch to get by as it is...

Gee, do you think it would have been a good idea to inform the owner that you got hurt and wouldn't be able to fix his truck instead of allowing the situation to continue??

I'm sure the court did not award you the truck in exchange for the damages you had to pay the owner. If I was you I'd co-operate with the owner and the police when they show up.

Gee, do you think it would have been a good idea to inform the owner that you got hurt and wouldn't be able to fix his truck instead of allowing the situation to continue??

I'm sure the court did not award you the truck in exchange for the damages you had to pay the owner. If I was you I'd co-operate with the owner and the police when they show up.

i did tell him...he told me do what i can when i can and wasnt a big deal,i was under the impression he would have someone else do the work,and was trying to be nice letting the truck stay here...guess being a nice guy doesnt pay off in the long run...but thanx for trying to spin it on me,and trying to make me out to be the bad person "highway man"...much appreciated that in my time of need in assistance...can always count on trolls

i did tell him...he told me do what i can when i can and wasnt a big deal,i was under the impression he would have someone else do the work,and was trying to be nice letting the truck stay here...guess being a nice guy doesnt pay off in the long run...but thanx for trying to spin it on me,and trying to make me out to be the bad person "highway man"...much appreciated that in my time of need in assistance...can always count on trolls

Well, here's the truth as I see it, LEGALLY.

Let's call the truck owner, Jack.
I'll call you Zack.

Facts:
Jack owns the truck.
The truck sits on Zack's property.
Without any doubt, Jack can come (with or without a court order) and claim his truck.
When Jack gets the truck, Zack still owes the judgment of $9,000.

Zack is, however, disabled.
If Zack only receives a pension or annuity for his disability, Zack will likely never collect 5% of the $9,000 judgment.
Zack is what the law would call, a judgment proof debtor.

My two cents:

Zack would serve himself best by cooperating with the Jack and the police.
Zack isn't as bad off as he feels, nor is Jack as well off as the judgment might delude him in feeling.
Zack won't be booted to the curb, homeless because he allegedly owes Jack $9K.
Zack won't go to prison for owing the judgment, or any other debt.

I suggest Zack move on, live his life, deal with his medical condition.

It is your fault.... Even if you got hurt. You have failed twice now with this same person. You failed to get the truck done. You failed to show up at court. Both TIMES would have fixed this issue and you wouldn't be asking questions on a internet site. I am disabled but you can bet your butt if i had a court date I would be there. Even if i crawled there. Now your faced with results of your choices in life. Don't be mad at someone for speaking the truth. Look in the mirror and be mad at what you see.

Back