Car in name

R

Randog42

Jurisdiction
Florida
The car is my name .. She don't help pay insurance.. She got two tickets kids ticket not in seat beat and ticket caught with weed in car .. She drive drunk and ran a stop sign.. No charge .. But got charge with little weed under 20 gram or less ... Can take the car from her ... She pay down payment and tag fee but car is in my name ...

The car is my name .. She don't help pay insurance.. She got two tickets kids ticket not in seat beat and ticket caught with weed in car .. She drive drunk and ran a stop sign.. No charge .. But got charge with little weed under 20 gram or less ... Can take the car from her ... She pay down payment and tag fee but car is in my name ...

It doesn't matter what she paid IF the car is titled in your name.
You're the LEGAL owner of the car.
Get your proof, copy of the title, valid ID to prove who you are, proof of insurance (or a binder), call the police and ask to meet you at her house for a civil standby/keep the peace to allow you to retrieve your property!

Good luck.

One has to wonder whether this is the usual situation we see here or something similar. Car is in the name of the person who doesn't have bad credit - not title, but financing. The person with the bad credit then succeeds in fulfilling their destiny by getting in trouble with the law, failing to pay or something that would lead you to believe that signing your name onto a legal contract for an automobile is a bad idea. They may have a child together. Considering the situation it seems like taking away the keys and leaving a bad situation would be the best thing to do, if possible...

Back