can my employer with hold vacation pay?

A

amyward1979

Jurisdiction
Illinois
Hi, I started working for my company 1-11-2013 after 6 months I received 1 week Vaca after another 6 months which is now 1-11-2014 I received another week. In 2015 I took my two weeks. Now I've worked for the company three years this 1-11-2016 to which I'm entitled to another two weeks. I quit or was discharged depending on who you talk to and was just told by hr dept that I am not entitled to any vacation time. I worked in illinois. Any info would be appreciated.

Hi, I started working for my company 1-11-2013 after 6 months I received 1 week Vaca after another 6 months which is now 1-11-2014 I received another week. In 2015 I took my two weeks. Now I've worked for the company three years this 1-11-2016 to which I'm entitled to another two weeks. I quit or was discharged depending on who you talk to and was just told by hr dept that I am not entitled to any vacation time. I worked in illinois. Any info would be appreciated.

When you asked HR about why you received no vacation payout, what were you told?

The EXACT reason for you no longer working for the employer matters.

It's not a they say, you say dilemma.

What reason did HR give you for their position on termination?

Finally, how does your employer calculate vacation?
Are you awarded the two weeks on your anniversary date, or do you acquire 1/12 (or some other portion), periodically?

I don't need the answers to the questions, you do, mate.

Please ask your HR rep.

Good luck.

If you don't receive any vacation pay that you are entitled to on termination, file a claim with the Illinois DOL.

Back