can i modify a sole custody order?

A

adriana.banana

Jurisdiction
California
my ex and i had a child custody order in place, but about 2 years ago i decided to take my son to another country, he is now 5. my ex has sole custody now. i can see my son once a month under supervised visitation. i want to know if i should appeal to get more time or should i wait so that the court sees that i am established here and will not be leaving again. i still live in mexico and my son is 3 hours away. or what is it that i can do

my ex and i had a child custody order in place, but about 2 years ago i decided to take my son to another country, he is now 5. my ex has sole custody now. i can see my son once a month under supervised visitation. i want to know if i should appeal to get more time or should i wait so that the court sees that i am established here and will not be leaving again. i still live in mexico and my son is 3 hours away. or what is it that i can do

You shouldn't expect any court to change the existing order.
You absconded to another country and it'll take at least three to five more years of good behavior before things MIGHT change, IF they ever do change.

Back