Issue After Citizenship Can a green card be revoked if sponsor wants to quit responsibility?

Florence

I petitioned my mother and was approved for a green card. Our relationship has gone sour since she came to the US and is beyond repair. She has lived with me for almost 2 years now. Her presence has brought a lot of emotional and physical stress in me. I no longer want to continue my obligation (having sponsored her) to her. I would like her to go back to our country but she's conniving of returning here without my knowledge. I want to petition my brother and his family instead. Can her green card be revoked since I don't want to take full legal responsibility for her while she's here in the US? Please help. Thanks.

Wrong topic inadvertently clicked. Sorry. She told her friend that she will return to the US without my knowledge. But if she does that then would be in trouble for not reporting a new address for her or if something happens to her, I would still be legally liable for all her actions which might jeopardize my credit score and financial status/capability.

Sorry, you're on the hook to support anyone you sponsor for 10 years.
Sad story, but these days everyone seems to con and scam anyone.

If you can get out of the USA, do it.
No reason to pile on the USS TITANIC II.
We all know what happened to her namesake.

Thanks for your reply. Petitioning her was the worst decision I have ever made in my entire life. She just left the US soil yesterday. I am a lawful citizen and I pay my taxes so your suggestion for me to leave the US is highly unappreciated.

Thanks for your reply. Petitioning her was the worst decision I have ever made in my entire life. She just left the US soil yesterday. I am a lawful citizen and I pay my taxes so your suggestion for me to leave the US is highly unappreciated.

I was born here, spent 30 years wearing this nation's army uniform, did four tours in 'Nam, I left this country last year. We own a home in Belize, very happy down there. I also own my ranch in Texas. We're considering renouncing our US citizenship, which is more challenging than trying to obtain it.

No crime to think about changing the flag under which you desire to live or deciding to do it.

No, it is actually until either party dies, or the person being sponsored either becomes a citizen or removable. READ the papers you sign, people.
This thread is over 6 months old. Don't you think OP has their problem solved by now?

Back