Can a brother and sister share one bedroom or are there laws with age restrictions in Colorado

P

Phtgrphr1960

Jurisdiction
Colorado
Can a brother and a sister share a bedroom in Colorado or are there laws or age limits as to when they have to have their own rooms???

Why do people think it's illegal? I don't understand why this gets asked as often as it does.

What are these people's kids doing with each other that they think putting opposite gender siblings in a room together is "immoral" or "wrong?" I'm the only girl of five kids. I shared a room with one of my brothers until I was 10 or 11. We're siblings. What's the big deal?

Once again.

The ONLY time the law gives two hoots about the sleeping arrangements of the children in the household is if the children are foster children. If it's not a fostering situation, the kids sleep in whatever room mom and dad say.

I would guess in 90% of these cases its about one parent trying to hurt the other. If they shared a home I doubt it would be an issue. Parents need to learn to get along for sake of children and not continue to try to harm each other. In the end its the child or children who get hurt

I would guess in 90% of these cases its about one parent trying to hurt the other. If they shared a home I doubt it would be an issue. Parents need to learn to get along for sake of children and not continue to try to harm each other. In the end its the child or children who get hurt

I second your words of wisdom.

I will add my usual admonition, poverty is not a crime in the USA.

I hope this country can eliminate poverty, but I don't think any country will ever achieve that aim.

Heck, we can't get homelessness under control.

Nevertheless, as long as parents are poor, that is not a crime.

Just keep trying and do the best you can to raise your children with love and direction.

This rumor is so pervasive, and I agree 100% with shrinkmaster...in most cases it's about the parents, one or the other of whom is trying to hurt the other.

I've known a number of people who have used this as an excuse to call child protective services on their ex, and even though I've pretty much seen and heard it all in my life and should be pretty jaded about things, it never ceases to amaze me the lengths some people will go to, just to try to hurt or mess with their ex.

I guess I just have the hope that everybody will learn to behave civilly and like adults.

Back