Bus tickets

M

Mariah

Jurisdiction
California
What canI do if purchased tickets online for me and my sons bus rider. The bus is supposed to arrive at 2:50. But didnt come untill 7 pm. Earlier I had called and got my seat numbers. So the bus arrives 5 hours late and i get told that theres only one seat and i have to hold my 4 month old son in my lap. I refuse becausre I payed $50 for our seats. The bus driver goes back on the bus and tells me that theres no seats and i cant get in. So an old man offers to sit on the busses steps for the 5 hour ride so i can have a seat. But i refused because that wasnt safe at all. So the driver leaves. I call the bus company and ask for a refund and rhey say no and they tell me its a bus coming down the street for me right now. 10 minutes pass and theres no bus. I call the company and they dont answer my phone calls now. I sat in the cold for 6 hours with my 4 month old son. To be told no i cant gey on the bus even though i paid. And than lied to about another bus coming.

Presumably you kept a copy of your online receipt and/or tickets.

I suggest you find the bus company's corporate address and the names of the corporate officers and write directly to the President/CEO.

I often get good results that way.

Ask for a refund and additional compensation for what you got put through.

Come back to this thread and report the results.

Presumably you kept a copy of your online receipt and/or tickets.

I suggest you find the bus company's corporate address and the names of the corporate officers and write directly to the President/CEO.

I often get good results that way.

Ask for a refund and additional compensation for what you got put through.

Come back to this thread and report the results.
Yes i kept the tickets and Ive been trying to find their information to a corporate office but haven't succeeded. I'll come back with results later

Since you booked online, is it safe to assume you used your credit card to make the purchase? If so, contact your card member services, explain to them that the bus company charged you for a service they did not provide; explain to them you have taken reasonable steps to resolve the issue with the bus company, to no avail.

The card carrier will issue a refund on your account while they represent your case to the bus company on your behalf. Situations like this usually favor the card holder, especially when you've been charged for something that you never received. The good news is you will likely get your money back...and the bus company will incur a charge back fee on their account. Not that the typical charge back of 25$ will put them out of business but it's always nice to stick it to them as much as you can.

Since you booked online, is it safe to assume you used your credit card to make the purchase? If so, contact your card member services, explain to them that the bus company charged you for a service they did not provide; explain to them you have taken reasonable steps to resolve the issue with the bus company, to no avail.

The card carrier will issue a refund on your account while they represent your case to the bus company on your behalf. Situations like this usually favor the card holder, especially when you've been charged for something that you never received. The good news is you will likely get your money back...and the bus company will incur a charge back fee on their account. Not that the typical charge back of 25$ will put them out of business but it's always nice to stick it to them as much as you can.
Ok thank you so much I will try this too

Back