Consumer Fraud Breach of Car Loan Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsmedusty7

I co-signed a car loan for my ex before we split. The payments were high, but she said it would be fine. Apparently she has been having trouble paying for the car, because when I pulled my credit report I saw that the length of the loan has been extended and the payments have been lowered. I called the finance company we went through and the woman told me that they amended the original contract to lower her payments for her. I asked them how they could do this without my knowledge or signature since this effected my agreement and credit. I told them it did not sound legal. The woman said, "I'm not going to get into the legality's with you, but we knew you would say no to this, so we didn't ask you". My question is, is this just cause to get my name off the car? Do I have a legal leg to stand on?

I co-signed a car loan for my ex before we split. The payments were high, but she said it would be fine. Apparently she has been having trouble paying for the car, because when I pulled my credit report I saw that the length of the loan has been extended and the payments have been lowered. I called the finance company we went through and the woman told me that they amended the original contract to lower her payments for her. I asked them how they could do this without my knowledge or signature since this effected my agreement and credit. I told them it did not sound legal. The woman said, "I'm not going to get into the legality's with you, but we knew you would say no to this, so we didn't ask you". My question is, is this just cause to get my name off the car? Do I have a legal leg to stand on?

This is one of the many times you're right in life and the remedy takes too much trouble and effort to achieve

You can start by writing a letter, certified mail, return receipt requested (keep copies for your records) to the CEO, PRESIDENT, and COO of the company requesting the LAN terms be reset to the original terms. By their unilateral altering of the contract, it gives yo the option to sue for breach, or perhaps to void it.

You should seek guidance from a licensed attorney in your county.
Their a tigons might have voided the contract and broken certain lending laws.

Be smart and don't ever sign for a deadbeat who can't buy a car on his or her own credit.

As the co-signer, I missed that on my first read, you may have nothing to do but bend over,grab your ankles and prepare to boarded!

Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back