Bought home with bad bamboo flooring famaldahyde

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronHenshaw

I bought a home 3 months ago,it is 10 yrs old in FL.IT is my first time purchasing a home,so I made sure I took the proper steps?THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING,I CAME TO THIS FORUM BECAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE THERE R BRAINS ON HERE THAT CAN POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.The flooring in the house when I purchased it is morning star bamboo from LUMBER LIQUIDATORS.It has been found per 60 minutes special to be off gassing illegal amounts of carsonagenic famaldahyde as much as 20 times the legal limit.I have a beautiful handsome smart 20 month yr old son named Jesse,named after his uncle who was murdered in 2007 at the age of 23 by a stalking pedophile. I need some advice so I am not subjecting my son to toxic enviorment.I used a real estate agent and paid for my own inspection before closing,should the flooring situation been disclosed and what about my inspection,I would of not bought the house!THANK U FOR YOUR TIME 

I bought a home 3 months ago,it is 10 yrs old in FL.IT is my first time purchasing a home,so I made sure I took the proper steps?THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING,I CAME TO THIS FORUM BECAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE THERE R BRAINS ON HERE THAT CAN POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.The flooring in the house when I purchased it is morning star bamboo from LUMBER LIQUIDATORS.It has been found per 60 minutes special to be off gassing illegal amounts of carsonagenic famaldahyde as much as 20 times the legal limit.I have a beautiful handsome smart 20 month yr old son named Jesse,named after his uncle who was murdered in 2007 at the age of 23 by a stalking pedophile. I need some advice so I am not subjecting my son to toxic enviorment.I used a real estate agent and paid for my own inspection before closing,should the flooring situation been disclosed and what about my inspection,I would of not bought the house!THANK U FOR YOUR TIME 

You start your quest for justice by discussing your problems with a couple local lawyers you trust.

Hire the one you trust the most, and have her or him pursue justice for you in a court of law.

There are very few remedies for problems of your caliber.

It's the best answer to your problem.

I am sorry I thought this forum had legal advice we r talking about the heALTH OF A INNOCENT CHILD BECAUSE OF THE INCOMPETENCE OF THE REAL ESATE INDUSTRY FAR FROM GENERIC

In your case, talking to a lawyer/lawyers is the best advice.

I am sorry I thought this forum had legal advice we r talking about the heALTH OF A INNOCENT CHILD BECAUSE OF THE INCOMPETENCE OF THE REAL ESATE INDUSTRY FAR FROM GENERIC
Might as well blame your home inspector, too, while you're talking to that attorney you're going to have to hire.

Of course, you could always remove and replace the flooring. That would solve your problem without paying an attorney.

Perhaps a more thorough effort at due diligence could have averted you placing yourself and a child in medical jeopardy.

Your problem is your problem.

You made the mess you created.

Hire a lawyer, or repair it yourself.

A lawsuit will take 18 to 36 months to be heard, longer if the manufacturer is crafty, clever, and wants to wear you down.

Do a cost benefits analysis.

Hire a lawyer for $5,000 to $10,000, roll the dice, see if you prevail by 2018.

Hire a contractor, shell out five, maybe ten grand, maybe less; problem resolved in 30 days, give or take.

Maybe you the flooring was in the house at time of purchase and I contacted the BBB and they r on it thank you for your time

Lots of unnecessary details. You just bought the house. If you didn't like the flooring, that was something to address when making an offer. If that wasn't something you addressed at the time, I'm not sure why just 3 months later it is an issue. Or why this is anyone else's fault. Have you had your home tested for off-gassing? Clearly it should have been done prior to purchase, but at this point, you bought the house as is. If you want a different floor covering, you will need to hire a contractor and install one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back