atm took my money back

Hswayeh

Jurisdiction
Florida
Hi,
I was trying to withdraw $300 but the machine give me the money and took it back fast and gives me a receipt showing withdrawing $300.
I contact the atm bank they told me they cannot do anything about it i should cantact my bank

The problem is my bank account is an international bank from out of US and it's kind of difficult to contact my bank and even if i cantact it am sure They gonna tell me they cannot return the money back and it's the Atm bank responsibility.
Now at this point what i can do to terurn my mobey back and who is responsible for the refund i have no much time am traveling back home in less than a week ?

Defective ATM = you sue the ATM company for the return of your money.

If you don't want to do that, you deal with your bank.

If you don't want to do that, you eat the loss.

I don't know what else to tell you.

Hi,
I was trying to withdraw $300 but the machine give me the money and took it back fast and gives me a receipt showing withdrawing $300.
I contact the atm bank they told me they cannot do anything about it i should cantact my bank

The problem is my bank account is an international bank from out of US and it's kind of difficult to contact my bank and even if i cantact it am sure They gonna tell me they cannot return the money back and it's the Atm bank responsibility.
Now at this point what i can do to terurn my mobey back and who is responsible for the refund i have no much time am traveling back home in less than a week ?

Some ATM devices DO snatch the money back, if the user hasn't taken the money after a period of time.
If that had happened to you, the machine would have reported such a transaction in its logs.
If the device was on bank property, go into the bank and ask for an audit of the machine to be done.

You'll need the RECEIPT to facilitate the process.

What, no receipt, either?
Your picture was taken at the time of the transaction, so report the date and time of your encounter as you request the audit.
Don't speak with a teller, ask for a bank officer.

If the device was located off site, say a grocery store, visit the nearest bank location that owns the ATM.

Do as suggested above, giving the date and particulars of your unfortunate encounter.

There will be supporting information regarding your ATM encounter.
Look at your online banking records.
You may have never been charged for the "withdrawal" that was "reclaimed".

Sadly this may take some time for the parties to resolve. I doubt any of them are going to just give you the money and sort it out later as to whether you were telling the truth. You also need to determine whether a credit is being processed back to your bank account and whether there may be a delay. Understand that I'm sure the bank has heard many "the machine at my money" stories quite often so that they won't hand over the money before the investigation is complete. But you need to take the steps and contact the appropriate parties and be patient, as mentioned above.

Back