Any way to get fathers rights terminated?

N

newatallthis

Jurisdiction
Indiana
I have sole custody of our son, he just gained visitation after having it denied for a year for drug use. He has been seeing our child at a children's supervised visitation center once a week. He has no home, but a steady job. He also has 2 previous domestic battery cases against me, a current restraining order, and a current violation of the restraining order in the works. He is on probation and I recently found out he has been around multiple heroin addicts lately and got into a fight with them. No charges were pressed because they didn't want authorities involved. (drugs) Is there anything I can do with this information I have? Or has the maximum amount of restraint on his rights been done already? My child has been in a loving, nurturing and stable home with myself and my boyfriend and his son for over 2 years now, and is thriving as a child better than ever. I believe if the father gets our son alone he could put him in danger with the people he is around constantly and the violent personality he has.

Oh, well. Looks like you've got as good as you're going to get in your situation.

I have sole custody of our son, he just gained visitation after having it denied for a year for drug use. He has been seeing our child at a children's supervised visitation center once a week. He has no home, but a steady job. He also has 2 previous domestic battery cases against me, a current restraining order, and a current violation of the restraining order in the works. He is on probation and I recently found out he has been around multiple heroin addicts lately and got into a fight with them. No charges were pressed because they didn't want authorities involved. (drugs) Is there anything I can do with this information I have? Or has the maximum amount of restraint on his rights been done already? My child has been in a loving, nurturing and stable home with myself and my boyfriend and his son for over 2 years now, and is thriving as a child better than ever. I believe if the father gets our son alone he could put him in danger with the people he is around constantly and the violent personality he has.
Are there ways to get a father's rights terminated in Indiana? Sure. Can you get his rights terminated right now? Probably not. Plus someone else would have to adopt him which means your rights would also be terminated. If you and your boyfriend were married he could petition a stepparent adoption - but then the father has to be notified and will likely fight it.

Back