Consumer Fraud Account Services Fraud Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they are very rude. Have received many calls and each time I ask them to take me off the call list - they then just hang up on me and call back a week later. grrrr....

It too have been receving these calls daily at all hours and sometimes twice a day! I too am hung up on when I ask to be removed from their call list. How can these people be allowed to continue to harrass people! They have been harrassing me for over 3 months now! How do you make them stop?

971-295-9768 is the number that has called my cell phone 3 times this week. When I ask questions they hang up.

Just change your number and don't give it to anyone but trusted confidantes.

Sent from my iPhone 4S via AT&T using Tapatalk

I got 2 more calls today from 2 different numbers.

503-457-1085
216-744-4009

I am so tired of this. How do we stop this?

Recived a call from 513-417-0498 today with the same thing. I have received at least one call a week for the last 5 months. Same story every time. I have no debt and if I ask them to remove... that is about as far as I get before they hang up. If you try to call back the number doesn't exist. I am sick of these people and want some resolution.

I have received these calls for up to 4 times a day, every day for the past year and a half. I have tried everything but changing my number ( I'm not changing my number for these assholes!). The numbers change all the time from several different states. I don't answer my phone anymore when a number comes up just names that are already saved to my phone. The best info I have gotten from any of these scumbags, is that they didn't call me I called them. Apparently by pressing 1, it forwards to a call center, which would explain why you can never call the number back.
This scam is pissing me off so badly I want to gut them like a fish, and burn their children alive!!!! Please make the calls stop!

I actually tried several times to tell them that I do NOT want any more calls. I keep getting harrassed and at one point I had a person swearing at me. It is so horrible that I feel like it is affecting my health every time. Seriously. How do we get rid of these calls? How can they get away with it?

This has been happening for over a year. I now waste their time and pretend to go along. I have fake credit card # to give, with 800 # to customer service. They come back and say that the card doesnt go through, so I change 1 number and they put you back on hold. When they say you gave them a fake number I then ask them to record the conversation at which time I threaten them and ask them to call the police on me, at which time they hang up. Average time of call is about 6 minutes that they dont have time to dupe an old person.
Also, they are using numbers that can be called back (disposable cell?). Press 5 when the message is telling you that the mail box is full. It will ask if you want to leave the number you are calling from as a call back number, press 2 to change the number. I use the phone number of a denver detective that I googled. Make it unprofitable for them to run the scam!!!!!!!!

It started around July 2010 with 1 call per week. Now it is 3-4 calls per day. Tried being polite, tried being assertive, tried being rude. It just gets worse. I am also resorting to see how much of their time I can tie up. I have filed two complaints with the FTC, filing one to the FBI today. What next? Canvas the Attorney's General of the states where the area code points to. We all have to do this, to put pressure on those agencies to "SHUT THESE A*******S DOWN"!!!

BTW, they really don't like it if you question their validity. You want to know what's worse? Tell them you know they are criminals and that you have the FBI looking for them.

In the last month I have gotten 9 calls on my cell phone. "Hi. I am Ann from Account Services ...". Here are the numbers. They are all cell phones. 513-417-0498. 843-619-7688. 303-249-9700. 785-207-6317. 971-295-9768. 216-744-4009. 503-457-1085. 210-892-2239. 512-682-1082. I want this to stop. My husband's secretary stupidly took one of these calls and gave them info and lost all her money out of her checking account.

I have received numerous calls from this company. When I talked to a human and started to say I wanted to be removed from their list, they hung up on me. I blocked several numbers from them only to receive calls from diferent numbers. Calls have been on my cell but today received a couple on my home phone. Something has to be done to stop this harrassment!

I got this call from 308-210-0422. I tried to be friendly to see if I could wheedle some information out of them. Whomever was on the phone was going to qualify my card, then transfer me to a floor supervisor. He asked for my Visa/Mastercard info to verify my debt and interest rate. I told him I did not have my card with me, that I left it at home. (He said that was common. Who really doesn't have their credit cards in their purse/wallet?) I asked if he had a number I could call him back at. He told me that he would call me. I asked what would show up on the caller ID / what organization they were with. "Just Card Services" he told me. When I called the number that showed up on caller ID, the party I was trying to reach is not available. Anything I can do about this? I get these calls a few times a week.

This company continues to harass me. They call my cell phone repeatedly. I have registered my phone with the Do Not Call Registry, and I file a complaint with the Do Not Call Registry each and every time "Account Services" calls. I have listened to the recorded message from Anne and/or Rachel and pressed the appropriate number to remove my number from the list. I have listened to the entire spiel, pressed #1 to speak to a representative, and asked them to not call. I've told them that I do not have any credit cards. I've told them that they are in violation of the Do Not Call Registry and that I would be reporting them.

I've ignored the calls. I've pressed 1 to speak with a representative, only to have them hang up on me when I ask who I am speaking with, or send me to hold for way too long a time period.

They call from many different numbers, (303) 249-9700, (785) 207-6317, (407) 454-9999, (216) 712-1591, and (617) 390-4562. The same basic recorded message plays. Either it is "Anne" or "Rachel" This is double teaming, and infuriating! Especially as the calls are about lowering credit card interest, and I do not have ANY credit cards.

Still, they do not stop calling. This past month alone, they called on March 28, and on April 4, 5, 9, 10, 11, and 14, 18 from the (303) 249-9700 phone number.

They called on March 26, 29, and on April 17 from the (785) 207-6317 phone number.

They called on April 19, 20, 23, 25, 26, 27, 28, 30, & May 1, 3, from the (617) 390-4562 number.

They called on April 23, from (216) 712-1591.

They called on April 27, from (407) 454-9999.

On May 1, 2012, I received a call from the (617) 390-4562 number, but it was later in the day, at 5:48 p.m. The recorded message differed, saying that it WAS the last call. I was ecstatic! Sadly, they lied!

On May 3, 2012, I received yet another call from the (617) 390-4562 number. The recorded message stated that it was Anne from Account services calling about lowering my credit card debt to 4.9%. The message stated that the Federal Reserve had just lowered rates, etc. I pressed "One" for more information and Todd came on the line. He asked if I wanted to lower my credit card debt. I said I needed more information and asked, "What if I don't have any credit cards?" He said that they couldn't help, that was the purpose of the call. To which I replied, "Then take me off this list!" I reiterated that I was on the Do Not Call Registry and that their company was in violation of it. He put me on hold, (I could hear 'hold' music) for about 15 seconds before the call was disconnected!

The calls mostly come in the morning between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m., to my cell phone.

They've been annoying me too. So I turned the tables on them. When they call, I press "1.". Then when a person picks up the line I will sing a song, or pretend like I'm being chased by an alligator or something, etc etc. One day I was quite serious and I think I gave the lady on the other end of the line a big guilt trip. I told her what she's doing is wrong. How would her parents feel if they knew what she was up to? What she's doing is worse than prostitution because she is stealing. At least when it comes to prostitution, both parties are willing to make the transaction, am I right? Usually, the people hang up quickly. But this one woman... I could tell that she was feeling bad about herself; she got very silent and when she talked back to me, it sounded like she was trying not to cry....

You folks need to try and waste their time.

Say you have anywhere between $5000 and $15000 in credit card debt with 10% interest and you would be so thrilled to lower your rate. Give them a fake name and fake credit card number and make them call and try to access a non-existent account. If you waste a minute of their time, that is one less minute they have for potential victims.

They CONTINUE to blatantly IGNORE the Do Not Call registry. They HANG UP on you when you ask to be removed from their list or to speak to a supervisor. Then they call back a few hours later or the next day!! So this time i played along and P*** them Off. but when they ask for Credit Card Number I refused to give it to them. Ok I am really sick and tired of this and ready to file suit against them.

It's an incredible problem - especially for mobile phones. I don't run any of these company's so take this as opinion - the "opt out" you give to these companies is meaningless. In the email targeting industry I remember scams where opting out actually meant the same as "confirm receipt" and the scammers knew that they reached a valid email address and then sold your email address to more buyers!

Instead of targeting Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds for expensive prosecution, our government should be spending that money trying to deal with a scam that has careened far out of control to become a rampant abuse and problem. How many are fooled into believe that "Card Services" is your credit card company whom you do trust? How about calls about your car insurance? (I've received those many times even though my auto insurance company couldn't be reaching me -- I'm a city boy who doesn't own a car and uses Zip Cars to get around when needed!)

At this point I know that some state attorney generals have started to crack down on these perpetrators. I've found evidence elsewhere that suggests who is running some of the largest scams but I have yet to see any solid criminal prosecution of these alleged offenders. To the extent that I can provide you with information, I will in our new online law periodical, The Law Journal.

In addition, what I think is a good idea is to compile a database here of all numbers from where these calls are reportedly originating. Let's see what we can get going here to help us help ourselves in the absence of a greater government effort. I can only hope that we just haven't seen the results of investigations that will hopefully bring those responsible to justice at earliest convenience.

Received calls for years on house and cell #'s. Repeatedly ask to be removed. Today's call was from 480-982-3626 at 8:00am. I told her to remove me. She instantly responded "bitch - I can't remove you, next time you receive a call from this number then just don't answer it and let it go to your voice mail." I asked who she worked for and she said "basically your daddy bitch". My husband answered house phone once and proceeded with the 'remove me from call list'. The guy responded with "Im going to kill you... you are gonna die. I know where you live. Be on the lookout... I know you are scared." When he hung up, my husband called back but there was no answer. This was a Florida # 941-312-2238. We called police and filed a report. Never heard anything back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back