A Very, Valuable Lesson I Recently Learned.

army judge

Super Moderator
Silence is, indeed, golden.
Ignoring certain entities is far more effective than anything else I may have done.
Yes, I'm going to continue to remain silent, while remaining ever so vigilant.

Shhhh, I'm counting sheep. LOL

Shrouded in such mystery! Right now the only thing I'm trying to ignore is election day!

Oh Michael, none of us can ignore this ever so unusual presidential election cycle.

In the interest of lowering the federal debt, perhaps our congress will authorize the 2020 election to be conducted like Survivor, or one of the reality based talent shows, with the candidates performing, and the electorate voting one off each week until one stands alone!

In the interest of lowering the federal debt, perhaps our congress will authorize the 2020 election to be conducted like Survivor, or one of the reality based talent shows, with the candidates performing, and the electorate voting one off each week until one stands alone!

I have a better idea.

Have a lottery consisting of all adult natural born citizens of the US. Pick one at random to be President for 4 years, one at random to be VP, one each at random to be cabinet members, 9 at random to be Supreme Court justices (just toss the others out). Do that with Congress for a single term of 4 years. Pay everybody $100,000 per year and make them all contribute to Social Security (you'll see how fast they fix it when their own future depends on it).

No politics, no campaigning, no contributions buying politicians, no special interests.

That won't be any worse than the system we already have and might even be a bit better.

Of course, to follow Jack's suggestion we'd have to come to a meeting of the minds as to the definition of a natural born citizen.

Of course, to follow Jack's suggestion we'd have to come to a meeting of the minds as to the definition of a natural born citizen.

That's easy. You and I can sit down and decide that. After all, we do think alike on everything.

;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

Although, Jack, that's not a bad thought overall. If you and I could agree on a definition, that would probably be one that was acceptable to most of the nation. We could include ArmyJudge and cdwjava in the deciding process just to be sure.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

I knew you'd get a big laugh out of that. I was laughing that hard when I wrote it.

Although, Jack, that's not a bad thought overall. If you and I could agree on a definition, that would probably be one that was acceptable to most of the nation. We could include ArmyJudge and cdwjava in the deciding process just to be sure.

Yes, a meeting of our minds would be a significant and authoritative achievement.

It's actually quite incredible that it would appear we have the two lowest rated candidates in history both running for that job in the White House at the same time. I'm surprised that the Independent candidate hasn't even received a look, although I've heard that a number of his positions don't appeal to the mainstream. Looking forward to football season. :)

It's actually quite incredible that it would appear we have the two lowest rated candidates in history both running for that job in the White House at the same time. I'm surprised that the Independent candidate hasn't even received a look, although I've heard that a number of his positions don't appeal to the mainstream. Looking forward to football season. :)

One of the Independents isn't even independent.
He was an elephant, before he came out as an "I". LOL
Jill Stein is pretty consistent on her positions, except most people haven't heard of her.

In all actuality we haven't had stellar candidates (on either side) compete for the presidency since the 1970s-1980s.

Another problem is lack of term limits for the congress.

Back