50/50 custody

Jessicae1975

Jurisdiction
Florida
husband works night shifts and has sat, sun & Mon off. He claims a judge will ruled that he is going to have the kids those days every week because he can't take care of them at night. That will leave me with my kids Tuesday, wed, Thurs and Friday. I work during the day with weekends off. So not only I have to pay for a day care or a nanny and only see my kids a few hours by the time I get home but also I will never get my kids on my days off? That doesn't seem right. He is pretty sure this what is going to happen because his lawyer told him

What is your state? Custody/visitation laws are different in all 50 states, plus throw in 500+ federally recognized American Indian tribes....

But most will decide based on the best interests of the child, as well as deciding who has been the primary caretaker of the child.

Just because his Lawyer says this is way it will go does not make it fact. What does your lawyer say?
My lawyer said not to worry. That we will work on that when we get to that point. ( the papers just got submitted last week) I think I just got a little scare because he acts like it is for sure and he even told me good luck fighting that.

The IP address state is Florida.

You might consider getting your own lawyer if you do not have one.
I do. I kinda brief her about it and she asked me no to worry about it that we will figure things out when we get to that point. I know we haven't reach that point yet on this process it's just that he scared me and just the thought of no having my kids not even one weekend got me a little upset. I think he is doing this on purpose.

It will not happen just because his lawyer told him so.

My lawyer said not to worry. That we will work on that when we get to that point. ( the papers just got submitted last week) I think I just got a little scare because he acts like it is for sure and he even told me good luck fighting that.

Never take legal advice from your ENEMY or from your enemy's lawyer.

He's just trying to get into your head. Looks like he might be succeeding.

That said, the court is most interested in what is in the best interest of the children, not you. That is going to very nearly always mean as much time with a parent as possible and equal time with both. If his work schedule only allows him to take the kids 3 days a week, it is going to be near impossible to argue that it is in the children's best interest to not see Dad those days, which in effect, means he does not get to see them at all.

Back