Asset Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

rippedoffbyallc

I have a lawsuit against a PA LLC and the individual who formed the LLC (single owner). He has comingled assets, severely undercapitalized the business, and not followed corporate governence. My attorney and I see no problem piercing the corporate veil.
The owner currently lives in PA, but it looks like he's getting ready to move to CO.
I want to locate all of his assets prior to when he was served and compare them to current so that can be used during the trial and ask the judge to have them seized in accordance with the PA Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act.
I have the individual's SSN due to papers received in the discovery process. What's the least expensive way to locate his assets?

Thanks in advance.

Ask your lawyer if your jurisdiction allows the attachment of prejudgment assets.

Thank you very much for the advice. I appreciate it; this has had me very concerned. Believe it or not, it is a Pastor that I am suing for breach of contract - to the tune of $82,500 plus legal expenses.

It was just by chance that I came on to this site, and now it's got me curious. I just started making payments on an account with P&P's "New Century" company that's about 6 or 7 years old now. After reading a a few of the pages on this site as well as a few others in regards to the fraud, I'd like if someone could tell me what I need to do to find out if I've become a victim. I mean, as far as I see it, it couldn't hurt to investigate a bit...

It was just by chance that I came on to this site, and now it's got me curious. I just started making payments on an account with P&P's "New Century" company that's about 6 or 7 years old now. After reading a a few of the pages on this site as well as a few others in regards to the fraud, I'd like if someone could tell me what I need to do to find out if I've become a victim. I mean, as far as I see it, it couldn't hurt to investigate a bit...

If the account is 6 to 7 years old, fraud is going to be hard, if not impossible, to show. Usually, when you get sued on a strange credit case, or something happens to your wallet or credit cards, you report it to the police. If you get a copy of the police report, you can show that to creditors to show possible fraud. However, some firms will wait for the resuts of the police investigation, and if they do not conclusively find fraud, the creditors will pursue you. Additionally, if the judgement is multiple years old, have it vacated will be difficult as law mandates due diligence in seeking vacature of judgment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back