Please Help!!!!..Hit and Run..

Status
Not open for further replies.

No_Nappy_D

this past monday i was at a parent meeting at my daughters school..and this lady backed into my car and did some damage that absolutely has to be fixed..she denies driving her mini-van that night..but she was the only family there that night that did drive their mini-van..the other family that do have a van didnt drive it, they walked to the school..ive got the ladys name, plate #, address, and phone number..but i dont know what to do next..since i dont have an actual 'eye witness' to the accident..they only walked her out the door when she left..and the way we were parked..she is the only one that could have done that type of damage to my car..since the accident..shes not been driving the van..and it is up for sale..and im afraid that shes going to get rid of it before anything can be done to her..and i dont want to have to save up $1,000 for damage that she did to my car..all i want is her insurance info..thats all i need..can anyone give me advice..please help.

Have you contacted YOUR insurance company about the damage?

Without a witness or other evidence, there may be little that can be done. You can always try to sue her in small claims court, but you will still have to pony up some proof.

- Carl

You can try suing her, doesnt cost much tro file a claim but you will have to have some proof she did it.

You can always have somebody pretend to be interested in the van and take a picture of the damage for you.

Have someone go over pretending to be interested in the van and then take pictures of any damages to prove your story. It needs to be someone that is willing to testify. Then you can file in small claims. Have you filed a police report?

At this late date, I doubt the police would do much than accept and regurgitate her statement then close it out. Unless the "suspect" confesses to the act, too much time has passed to make a determination of the source of any matching damage on the suspect vehicle (or lack of damage). And they are NOT going to call out CSI for chemical and paint analysis on a hit-and-run without injury.

At this point I would have to concur with seeking a photo of the damage and a small claims damage being be the best angle.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back