Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Can they arrest me in court for warrants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondlife

I am a nineteen year old female. This summer I was stopped several times and ended up receiving three tickets--one for failing to give my registration, one for unclear plates, and one for maintenence of lamps. The last ticket didn't belong to East Windsor, but a neighboring county, and it turned into a warrant when I failed to show up for court in that county at the end of July.

About the time I was warranted, I got arrested for shoplifting in East Windsor and taken into custody. They processed me and set a court date, but they couldn't release me because of the warrant I had in the other county. Of course, they had to take me to the other county so I could post bail. I posted bail and went to court for the maintenance of lamps ticket, and that was settled.

Here is the issue I have. My shoplifting court date is in exactly one week. But now I have the other two warrants out for the other traffic tickets. If I go to court for the shoplifting charge, can they arrest me for the other two warrants? I'm unsure about how it all works. When I go in the courtroom, do they check my records to see if I have any warrants? My biggest fear is that they keep me in custody, because I live with my parents and they have no knowledge of the shoplifting incident.

A quick answer would be greatly appreciated.

Q: If I go to court for the shoplifting charge, can they arrest me for the other two warrants?

A: Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back