Father is wanting to give up his rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweeetStormySyn

:confused:
OK, my 4 year old daughter's father took me to court after not being involved with her jsut a little short of a year and a half, a matter of a week and it would been a year and a half. Before he stepped out of our lives, he had become a habitual liar, trying to keep his family and my daughter apart, wouldn't allow me to leave when I got upset and mad, and so so so much more.
Well when he took me to court to get his rights, to me, he was stating that he wanted to be legally responsible for my daughter that he wanted to help support her in any and every which way. Well, he got his rights and I have been having to deal with him, his lies and all his false accusations with me and this I can deal with, because that's my daughter's father. What I can't deal with is his wife. She comes with him to pick up my daughter and when he and myself are discussing/sometimes arguing about him being responsible, she will start running her mouth as well, even on the property I reside and I don't feel like I should have to put up with that from her, she's no one to me. Well, He's not paying child support which wouldn't bother me if he would just get what is needed when I ask for it, but he goes to the extent of making sure I get as little help as possible.
State is taking him back to court for the second time for failing to make an attempt to pay child support and the court date is set for the 12, this coming Tues. He has ANOTHER child on the way and is due anytime soon and someone has put it in his head that he could possibly go to jail or he will go to jail and now he is actually wanting to sign away his rights and is wanting to do it by Tues.

First of all, I had read somewhere online, that even if he wanted to give up his rights, he would have to havea really good reason to do so. OK, if he could come up with a good enough reason, How long would it take for everything to be finalized, does anyone know?
How do you even go about signing over your rights?

He cannot just give up his rights. Unless you are re-married and your husband is willing to adopt, most courts will not allow a TOR.

You are entitled to receive child support, so ask for it. He is also entitled to see the child if he wants.

So really if he wants to see the child he is entitled to, but as long as you know he does not pay, try the best you can to support the child.

If he is in arrears in CS the IRS will intercept his tax reunds.

Step mom is not a party to this so you certainly do not have to talk to her or allow her in the house.

father wanting to give up his rights

he's had nothing to do with my 8 year old ever!!! and never wants to...he's wanting to pay a lump sum of money and sign his rights over...is this possible or legal??

not going to happen

he's had nothing to do with my 8 year old ever!!! and never wants to...he's wanting to pay a lump sum of money and sign his rights over...is this possible or legal??

did you not read the last answer? unless you have a husband willing to adopt the child, HE CANT SIGN OVER HIS RIGHTS. he is responsbile for supporting his child, as are you, and the court will not allow him to terminate his rights so he wont have to pay child support. they expect a child to have two parents supprting them, not just one.

Jimmysgirl, may I suggest that you look at the dates of the threads before you post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back