Need Information of Unlawful Detainer Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

devildoll510

I lost my job 6 months ago, and was forced to go on state aid. I had trouble coming up with my rent because state aid was only $584 a month and my rent is $875 a month. My ex was helping me every month but never on time. Then in July he lost his job. My rent for July was short by $265. August rent was going to be short too, but on the third I got a three day notice from landlord. It said I owed $710 for July and all of August. I was in the process of interviewing for a job and just before I found out if I got it or not my landlord called and said if he did not hear from me that day, he was starting eviction. To make a long story short I got the job, but was served with court papers which I responded to. My court date is Sept. 13. I have my reciept showing what I paid for rent in July. What I want to know, (so I can prepare myself), What kinds of questions will the judge be asking? What are some of the things that go on during the hearing itself? I hope someone can help me. Thank you.

Have you tried checking with the landlord to see if he will dismiss the action if you pay your back rent (possibly now with additional costs relating to the litigation)? Have you checked with whatever agency was extending you aid to see if you qualify for emergency benefits which might help you pay off the arrearage?

The conduct of eviction proceedings varies by state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back