Sue ex-wife for son's medical expenses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

franart24

My ex-wife filled a lawsuit against a school district on behalf of our son who at the time was 12. After about 3 years, the school district settled the lawsuit and put into trust a sum of money for my son. My ex-wife did not involve me in the preceedings, so what I heard was from my son. Of recent, I was at the county building and out of curiosity pulled the file. As it turns out, she too received $10,000 for education and medical expenses, but told no one. As part of our divorce agreement, I pay all medical expenses for my son. In respect to the lawsuit, I paid out of pocket $3000 for my son's doctor and medical expenses. I have all the checks and receipts. She made testimony in this lawsuit that SHE paid these medical expenses. Can I sue her in small claims court to recover the medical expenses?

Certainly you can see if you have a claim. If she said she pays medical and got reimbursed for it, you might be entitled to some of that money.

Also, it might be time to get the medical portion re-evaluated. Sticking all medical on you does not seem fair, you might want to see an attorney to see if you qualify to have her split medical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back