Suing for $5k in auto damages

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuincyArcher

What is the name of your state? CA

I'm suing a party for roughly $5k in auto damages. They hit me from behind, but claimed it was a hit-and-run. Although I and one other witness (who may not be able to show up in court) saw nothing of the sort.

I'm wondering if anyone can give me any advice on how to present the case in the best manner possible. Here is all the evidence I have that it was the other party's fault and NOT that of a hit-and-run driver:

1) When the other party reported the hit-and-run driver, they reported the car as a Saturn to their insurance company, while the police report filed by them said it was a Honda.

2) The driver of the car apologized initially but then suddenly changed their story when another person arrived on the scene.

3) The driver offered me a discount on auto repair and gave me a card with the information on it, saying they were not going to go to the police. (But then later did.)

4) There was NO visible damage on the back of the other person's car.

I have an estimate signed by the auto repairman detailing the damage costs. Is there any other documentation anyone would recommend taking? The case is in 1 week. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back