Ask a Legal Question
Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 ... Last
    Registered User New Member

Thanks
    My case is over a stupid gym membership at ballys. Ballys is not starving over it. Pressler & Pressler are trying to throw me in JAIL.

Registered User Distinguished Member

Thanks
    Unfortunatly you have a problem with balleys. They are in a class action suit in California for bad business practices with lots of extend contracts. Good news is, if they lose, your case will be dismissed. Bad news is, until then the judgment against you is valid. Worse news is, this case is not about to end anytime soon...
    Remember now though, you didn't pay your bill and now you have to face the music. Even if you do get arrested on contempt of court for not completeing the information subpoena, all they will make you do is fill it out and then you go home. Its not like you are going to serve life in prison. You won't even make it to a cell. In fact, if you just send it to Pressler- you will never see a cop...
    You really need to just get on a payment plan with them before they contact your job to take money from your paycheck, or empty your bank account. What's more, if they have to take the money from you instead of you going on a plan, you end up oweing more because a court officer is entitled to 10% of the judgment against you- and Pressler is not paying that, you are... ON TOP of what you owe Pressler...
    So fill out the information subpoena (without lying or skipping anything unless you want to get arrested over this stupid thing), call them, and pay.

Thanks
    I did fill out the subpoena you mind by any chance of giving me the link of the news about Ballys i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
    Just google (bally's "class action"). I got 71,800 hits.

Also, if you filled out the subpoena and sent it back to Pressler- call them ASAP to set up a payment plan on your terms. If you don't- you will end up owing more (see above comment RE: court officer fees)

Thanks

Information Subpeona

If you fill out the "information subpeona" that Pressler & Pressler has sent you, doesn;t that almost guarantee that they will garnish your wages and empty your bank accounts? They ask for all the information on the information subpeona. How can they empty your account? How are you supposed to live? Some help would be appreciated. Thanks

Thanks
    check out www.njlawnet.com business message board titled "collection agency lawsuit" on pressler-someone actually beat them at their game!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moviegirl1972 View Post
    If you fill out the "information subpeona" that Pressler & Pressler has sent you, doesn;t that almost guarantee that they will garnish your wages and empty your bank accounts? They ask for all the information on the information subpeona. How can they empty your account? How are you supposed to live? Some help would be appreciated. Thanks
    First things first- if you have to fill out an information subpoena, there is a judgment against you. You owe this money. The law is not working for you anymore. They are legally entitled to that information. If you call them to set up a payment arrangement, you can avoid a wage garnishment or bank levy. If you continue to duck the jusgment, they can contact your employeer and levy your bank account- its as simple as that. As for "how am I supposed to live?", the answer is pay your bills and don't let them get to that point where you get sued and the money has to be forceably taken from you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Ann View Post
    check out www.njlawnet.com business message board titled "collection agency lawsuit" on pressler-someone actually beat them at their game!
    I took a look at this. That person answered the complaint, and got a lawyer to respond to all the pretrial motions. It actually went to trial, and they proved their case. The key thing is, the court is friendly to any alledged debter pre-judgment. It's post-judgment where Pressler gains their power.

Thanks

Is Pressler & Pressler Bad people?

As our good friend debt helper has so clarly stated the firm goes out and uses their capital to obtain a financial gain from other creditors misfortune collecting their own debt. And he is also correct that this is America and if you owe you must pay, nothing is for free. However, the firm of Pressler & Pressler and or their employees, in their quest for such financial gains may have (and has been established that in the past they have) employed methods not allowed or illegal to collect such debts. Our friend debt helper said the firm is entitle to collect on your debt, by the same token such collections methods and practices have to be legal. No matter what situation you are in the legal system provide for some check and balances and you need to exercisse any tool in such system to prevent yourself from being harrased. Yes if you owe the debt you will need to pay. However, check that all your rights have been safeguarded and act upon them. It is not easy to approach any legal situation, but with some time and a few cups of coffee you can learn a lot on the web. Do check those sites and perhaps some of the discussions may help you see your status in a better light. Check that the normal course of action for obtaing highly effective legal decisions have been followed tot he letter of the law, then perhaps seek help from some of the legal advice groups mentioned on this site.

Thanks
    I am still fighting those assholes. They lied in paper about my income. Also I am going to find out if its legal for them to buy accounts from another company. Pressler & Prssler and new Century financial services are the same company. I don't think thats legal. Here is my update I responded to the punks ABOUT them trying to arrest me. I want to go after those bastards anyone with me send me a message.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BONJOVI View Post
    I am still fighting those assholes. They lied in paper about my income. Also I am going to find out if its legal for them to buy accounts from another company. Pressler & Prssler and new Century financial services are the same company. I don't think thats legal. Here is my update I responded to the punks ABOUT them trying to arrest me. I want to go after those bastards anyone with me send me a message.
    #1- it is legal for a debt purchasing company to buy debts.
    #2- New Century Financial purchased the debt, then gave the case to Pressler to sue you. They are not the same company. New Century Financial employees many attorney offices to sue on their debts. Pressler is a debt collection campany in their own right because they are authorized to accept money without suing. HOWEVER, Pressler is also a law firm. When they sue you and get a judgment, they are working on behalf of their clients, New Century Financial.
    #3- I dont know how you think they lied about your income, more info needed. However, if you filled out the information subpoena and gave them your salary info, they would have just gotten it from there. The information subpoena will have your signature on it, so you don't have much of a case to go after them there.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by debt helper View Post
    #1- it is legal for a debt purchasing company to buy debts.
    #2- New Century Financial purchased the debt, then gave the case to Pressler to sue you. They are not the same company. New Century Financial employees many attorney offices to sue on their debts. Pressler is a debt collection campany in their own right because they are authorized to accept money without suing. HOWEVER, Pressler is also a law firm. When they sue you and get a judgment, they are working on behalf of their clients, New Century Financial.
    #3- I dont know how you think they lied about your income, more info needed. However, if you filled out the information subpoena and gave them your salary info, they would have just gotten it from there. The information subpoena will have your signature on it, so you don't have much of a case to go after them there.
    Is it me, or does anyone else think that debthelper could possibly work for Pressler & Pressler? Just a thought...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maryalice View Post
    Is it me, or does anyone else think that debthelper could possibly work for Pressler & Pressler? Just a thought...
    Sorry, never for Pressler, but I have worked for collection firms before.

Thanks

Sign me up for the Class-action suit against these Bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by tinanj View Post
    I contacted a lawyer in Ledgewood, nj who is a consumer fraud lawyer and he takes case like ours. It says on his website that he takes most cases on a contingency. I sent him an email and he responded right away.(I didnt call him back yet because Im scared and I dont know what to do yet) Maybe we should all get together and file a class action suit. I think if enough of us get together we have a better chance of winning. The whole situation is very frightening Im waiting for some one to come to my house looking for money. My boyfriend and I share a bank account and I'm going to take my name off of it. I'm scared that they are going to try to get money out of it and most of the money is NOT mine.

Here's his site http://www.njconsumerfraudlawyers.com/

Anyone intrested can email me with your situation
    tinamc@tmail.com

Tina
    I am very much interested in contacting Mr. Chulsky, as I have a similar case where these F-heads (P & P) have sent me a Summons claiming I owe New Century Financial Services some $1,600. I have no clue as to how and where they came upon this info!! I need to get hold of a lawyer who can respond with a retaliatory law suit to fix up these monkeys.
    Thanks for the info.
    Al

15. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks
    pressler and pressler and new century financial services are the same and it is illegal what they are doing they don't have proof of the debt which i requested them to send validation and they denied to send it to me so why do i have to pay for something that they can not prove. go to www.geocities.com/presslerclub/ to see what i am talking about.

Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 ... Last