Speeding Ticket with wrong speed on ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyz28

I received a ticket about 2 months ago for going 47 in a 35. The officer picked me instead of the car next to me that was going the same speed. He clocked me with a Lidar gun as I was coming down a hill right after the speed limit changed from 45 to 35. This road has no radar enforced signs on any of the 20 different signs (not sure if that matters). Plus this 35mph sign is about 50 yards from an intersection where you are going 45mph from the opposite side. No where in that area is a warning sign stating reduced speed ahead. He got me on the radar about 100 yards from that 35mph sign.

Now when he was writing the ticket he said I was doing 50 at the top of the hill and all I said was could I see the radar then? He agreed and brought it over to me and I saw that my speed was exactly 47mph. Now after I got home and was checking the ticket out I noticed he wrote down 50mph.

Do you think I stand a chance in court?

Also exactly 2 month's later on the same road, just further down I received another ticket from the same cop except my gf was in the car with me at the time. This time I surrounded by cars going the exact same speed I was. Now this road is a 2 lane road and I was in the furthest lane from him. He was on a bike this time parked half way on the sidewalk / parking lot of shopping center entrance. He ended up weaving through traffic to get behind me so he could tell me to pull over. After receiving the ticket for 43 in a 30, I asked to see the radar gun again. After he showed it to me he made the commit of, oh looks like your Whistler (radar detector) didn't pick my radar up huh! So I responded back with ive had this thing since 95 and it doesn't pick up laser, and he then just walked away.

Now I know this guy recognized me from before since I drive a lowered import with loud exhaust and tinted windows and drive that road everyday, but it seems as if he has it out for me. I then find out my neighbor is good friends with the guy and after talking to him about my tickets, he mentioned that cop has a thing for busting people multiple time. He told me how he got this one lady 4 time for speeding in a week. Like the cop thinks its a game. My last ticket was over 3 years ago and now I get 2 in 2 months driving with the flow of traffic.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back