unlawful detainer/dismissal

Status
Not open for further replies.

rchurchwell

I'm having a problem with my landlord.He has taken me to court 3 times in the past year and i just got served another summons this morning.He is suing me for unlawful detainer and the prior cases have been dismissed every single time; in addition, my apartment was in REAP (escrow program) for the last year and he was taking me to court even when I wasn't supposed to pay him directly and the county of Los Angeles sent him receipts that I had paid (on time).When I go to court his attorney usually offers me a $ amount to leave the property and says if I don't take it, he (landlord) is just going to keep coming after me...and he has.My questions are:1. Can he take me to court and/or re-file a case for the same EXACT time period after the same case has been dismissed from the courts?
2.Can I sue him for harassement or are there any other remedies I have to eliminate the harrasement in my case?

Also,my apartment is rent controlled and he and his attorney have stated that they would like me out for that reason and "why would I want to stay in a place where our situation wont be resolved until I move out or the lanlord dies or sells the building...and he has no immediate intention of doing either".He also puts in the summons' that he served me a 3 day notice which he did not.I am not the only one with these problems in my building, 7 of the other tenants were getting so harrased that they bundle all of their rents and send them together or they hand deliver them personally and on that occasion one of the tenants was still issued a 3 day notice after putting his rent check in the owners hands directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back