Landlords Dragging Feet Making Repairs...Not Up To Code I'd Say

Status
Not open for further replies.

midnightgypsy

We moved into our appartment in September 2005...we had previously rented a unit in the same duplex.
Our landlords were always quick to fix and repair things that needed to be done. But since we have moved into this appartment, they have told us they know things need fixed and repaired, but there is no money to pay for items. They have fixed one hole in the ceiling that was due to a pluming leak from a former upstairs tenant. There is still a hole over my washing machine, and one over our shower. The shower/tub takes days to drain, and we do not have any knobs on our kitchen faucet. We have to use a vice grip to turn the water off and on. The kitchen sink has metal sticking out of it, and I have to set my dish drainer on it so I do not get stuck in the arm while doing dishes. There is also black mold under the kitchen sink. I do not think our apartment is up to code. Is there anything we can legally do? The only other things that need done are cosmetic fixes, such as paint and new flooring.
:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back