30 Day Notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

peggyf

Can someone please provide me with a proper 30-day notice letter or a resource to one? I am planning to leave my apartmen June 30th and want to make sure I have the proper verbage in the notice to vacate letter.

Thanks!
:D

As long as its clear

you probably don't need a 'special' form. I'm assuming you are a tenant at will. In many states renters can be tenants at will, which means either the landlord or the renter can termoinate the relationship with 30 days notice. Sometimes leases are written this way. If you formerly had a lease and you never renewed it when it came due again, you are also a tenant at will.

If thats the case just send a certified letter to your landlord that you will be moving out on June 30th, 2006 and your landlord should consider this letter his 30 day notice. You should arrange to return the keys to your landlord or someone who represents him on that day. You may want to give him a forwarding address so he can return your security deposit. Sending a certified letter gives you proof that your landlord recieved the letter and was notified that you are moving out.

Best,

Ibis

http://www.allbusiness.com/forms/landlordtenant/362.html

This site is mainly for landlords but type into the search engine "Renters form for vacating premisises" if this link doesn't take you directly to sample form. It's a short sample, but you can buy the form if you are more comfortable with that. Also, send a copy to the landlord return receipt and keep a copy of the receipt for your records if their is a dispute. Make sure you are in compliance with the terms of your lease on the amount of days notice and when mailing take those additional days for the landlord to receive it into account. If you hand carry it to the landlord, take a reliable person to witness it. I'm assuming the reason your asking is that you have some kind of problem with the landlord and want a form that spells everything out. Never hurts to be cautious though! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back