Hit And Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLarkinsL

My boyfriend and I live in an apartment. One day when my boyfriend was coming home, he accidentally hit the mail truck that was parked in the street. The mailtruck was parked at the end of our building, so my boyfriend drove up a few spaces and went went ahead and parked in a parking space. The mailman called the cops, who arrested my boyfriend for "hit and run". How can it be a hit and run if all he did was park his car? What (or where can I find) the exact definition of a hit and run which shows at what distance a person is said to have fled the scene? If we were talking about miles, I could probably understand the hit and run charge, but we are talk about 10 parking spaces max!

YOur boyfriend must not have acknowledged the problem and they thought he was trying to hide. He can show up on his court date and talk to the prosecuter. If his insurance company has taken care of the damage and he can show proof, they will probalby drop the charges, especially since it was on private property. If not, in GA you have the right to plead not guilty and ask for a jury trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back