Parole, Probation Can a probation officer be sued for harassment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_j

I am off probation in 7 more months. I was convicted of harassment, and assault 4. Both misdemeanors. I have completed all court orders and paid all fees and costs.
I have had no violations, but have had many problems with my supervising officer. She has hammered me on many things that have nothing to do with my probation. At one time she had me so scared, I contacted my divorce attorney to help me. He called her and for a couple of months everything went as expected. Now she has started to harass me again with things that are not part of probation. So my question is simple...Has anyone ever sued a probation department and an individual officer before? And what limitations does a probation officer have? They have so much power, they can easily abuse it anytime they want it seems.
I have seen no web sites for people having problems with thier probation officers.
Thank you to anyone with a reply!!!

I don't think I'm able to give you a complete process of what you should do but what I can tell you is to conceal a tape recorder on yourself before going any further with a lawsuit. You're going to need some real evicdence for something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back