Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft US tourist got caught Shoplifting in Germany, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

peachie

Hi, i really need help on some legal questions i'm concerned about. my sister is in germany on a student visa, she has been there a month, she is planning to stay there about up to 6 months or so. this is her first time in germany. she has already registered with germany for long term residency.....but just a few days ago she got into a big problem. she was caught shoplifting at a department store and the store call the police and the police came and took her to the police station....there, they asked her to confess to the shoplifting and made her paid 50 euro and then let her go. she made a statement and confessed that she stole a blouse at that store in the amount of 19 euro. this was her first offense. they said she will get a letter from the court soon and there will be a fine in that letter for her to pay. but the thing is she doesn't have a job and very little money. do you know about german law on shoplifting punishment/procedures? what should she do? are they going to deport her? if they don't deport her can she come back and forth from US to Germany within this year or even in the future? what happens if she leaves germany before permanently before she even gets the letter? and when she comes back to the US, will this be on her US records? please, please help me with this matters...she is very scared over there and she doesn't have much friends or any family there. she is much by herself and is desperate. she doesn't even speak or understand the german language. so she didn't even know what the store made her signed of the police made her done. she doesn't if confessing to stealing the shirt was the right thing to do, but they said that it would be much easier if she confessed, then the judge would be more likely to reduce the punishment...but she is scared that they tricked her like the store tricked her into signing the papers and paying them a compensation amount of 25 euro and they wouldn't call the police, but once she did that, they called the police anyway, they lied to her to have her signed the papers...what rights does she have over there? thank you so much in advance for your help. i'm so worried for her over there.

any answers would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back