Being forced out of mobile home park, PLEASE HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffBum

I have lived in a mobile home park for three years. I have always paid my rent, never missed a month, quiet tenant, stay to my own. (It comes from being raised in the country). Each lot has two sections of chain link fence that run approx. one half the length of the lot, one on each side. I spent my own time and money to connect those two pieces and enclose a small back yard for my dog. I cleared this with the manager of the park and he had no problems with it. I was told, however, that if I ever left the park, the fence must stay. I aggreed to this stipulation in good faith that the manager would hold all other tenants to the same standard. (It is written in the contract that every tenant must sign). Shortly after my fence was completed, the neighboring tenant sold his trailer and moved, leaving the trailer there. However, he took down the fence that separated our two lots, thereby opening my yard. I complained to the manager and he sided with me, saying that the fence was not the other tenants property to take, but in fact it beloned to the park and was a part of EVERY LOT. He ensured me that he would rectify the situation. A couple of months past, and still no fence. During this time, my Grandfather, who lives with me, tripped over a hole left by a removed corner post and injured his wrist and arm. The middle posts were not even dug out of the ground, rather cut off about an inch higher than the ground. I have damaged my lawnmower on these obstructions. I approached the manager again and offered to build the fence if he would just get me the materials. Once again he assured me that he would take care of it. This was the end of summer 05. It is now April 06 and still no fence. I contacted the owners of the park and they responded with absolute indifference. I was told that they did not care and if I didn't like the fact that I was paying for something I wasn't getting then I should move. When I came home from work later that day, there was a 30 day notice to vacate the premesis (NOT A COURT ORDER) on my door. I went to the managers office to ask the reasoning for the eviction and I was physically assulted by the manager. I have filed a police report and witness statements with the district attorney's office and am waiting to see what prevails. I do not have the money to move my trailer, and I am afraid I am going to lose my home. Can they evict me for no reason? I would like to move if I had the money to do so. Can I sue them for the money to move my home since they are forcing me to move it for no reason? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back