Guidance needed: Internet Seller Sold Void Item

Status
Not open for further replies.

yur_

Hi. I need some guidance on this issue as Im not sure where to turn.

I bought an airline certificate from someone online. The certificate had a supposed value of $700. I paid via a $500 postal money order. The seller sent me the certificate, but it ended up being voided by the airline. Obviously I had no idea that this certificate was voided. They said it was voided because it was on ebay, but I did not purchase through ebay at all.. never did I mention to them that I even purchased it.

The seller is located in CT and I am located in Ma. I looked up the seller online and found some info. I contacted him and he said he would take care of it. 2 weeks have gone by and now he wont answer my calls or respond to my messages.

I would like to know what steps I have to take to get my money back.. or at least some of it. I am a reasonable guy and would be willing to work something out with this person, but they will not contact me. I have copies of the certificate, the postal receipt and the postal money order stub.

Any help would be appreciate.. the cert was supposed to be for my honeymoon.. oh well thats what i get for trying to save some money. yuri

Also i forgot to add... the airline said they would have contacted the seller upon immediate voiding of the certificate so that THEY (the seller) would know it was void. I have not been able to get ahold of the seller again so I do not know if they willingly sold me a void certificate or what.. it could be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back