Birth Certificate

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacysGirls

With paternity proven, can I petition the court for a judgment forcing my X to do this?
My X refuses to sign our child's Birth Certificate. We were never married.

A little background. Once I found out I was pregnant X ran off. Didn't speak to me, said he wanted the whole situation to go away, me included. I had our child; called him to ask for financial help and he said he would but never did. I was forced to file for child support a month later. At our first hearing he denied the child was his and forced me to submit to a paternity test. We took the test and passed with 99.97 result, there was never any doubt. After the results were mailed out our final court date was approaching. My X came to my job the night before our court appearance to talk about $$. I had never knew his exact salary, but knew he made more than me. He wanted to discuss an exact amount in the parking lot, I knew something was up. I left the conversation with "I'll call you later" which I never did. After filing for support and getting a lawyer I promised myself I was going to do everything by the book and not be bend.
At our final court appearance I found out X made a lot more $ than I originally thought and our child was entitled to a lot financially. X also stated he wanted visitation. All was settled. X played concerned Dad for a month. Made 4 visits with our child, every visit was a conversation about $. He didn't want to give me cash, instead pay and buy all our child's needs. The situation was still too new and I didn't trust him, so I said no. He said the high $ support was going to hold him back from being a father, that was 2 years ago.
Right now I want to relocate. Even though he hasn't seen our child in 2 years we legally "share" custody, I need consent from him to relocate. In my relocation proposal I ask for him to sign our child's birth certificate (something he promised TO DO) he responded with he WILL NOT sign the birth certificate, and "proposes" a lesser child support amount. My lawyer is having doubts I can have this done.

Advice needed, I am so beside myself over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back