Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI probation violation for dui

Status
Not open for further replies.

gonzo123

I recently moved my mother and bi-polar brother from California to Oregon.

During the first month up here I was left alone with my brother and he flipped out on me.

I needed some space after 5 days of pure hell and made the mistake of getting a dui after seeing some friends in the next county for a few hours and driving home.

I refused the breath test and when I went to court the judge placed me on formal probation so I could not leave the state to go back to California after I took a different plea bargain that he changed.

My P.O. refused to transfer me back to California where I had a job and residence. I was forced to stay in Oregon to complete my dui treatment.

Everything was fine and I was doing well until I lost a family member out of nowhere and I was almost out of treatment, but I was severly depressed for a number of reasons and smoked some pot and came up positive on my last test (stupid, I know).

I was literally feeling so much pain and am stuck up in a small town in nowhere and the death and the weather and isolation and everything just sank in and I snapped after finding a little weed in a box from the move.

I was just notified last week I came up positive and spoke briefly with my P.O. who has been semi-cool to me and explained to her what happened.

I am unsure what is to happen now. Is she going to use anything I say to her against me?
This is my first Probation Violation and I am already going crazy being trapped up here unable to work or anything.

My probation was to have been dropped to bench so I could leave Oregon after treatment.

Will I be facing jail time from my original sentence? Will my probation be extended and not dropped even when I have completed treatment which I have to do over?

I was so close to taking care of things for my family and was so close to having my own life again and now I am afraid the P.O. will throw the book at me as she denied my transfer in the first place, but was cool to me after that, and also that the judge who put me on formal probation will also fry me.

I am a good person and I have just been having some troubles as my brothers bi-polarism has effected my life so negatively the past few years, and now I have made my own mistakes in a state I am not from and know nothing about.

Please help. Any advice is appreciated. I assume I will need a lawyer just to make sure I don't go to jail.

probation violation

It would probably be good if you increased your attendence at AA or MA meetings. It would also be good if your brother were on a proper treatment of medications. Is he taking them? Can you maybe get him to see another Doctor? Maybe he needs to go to a treatment center himself. . .

raskalnikov said:
It would probably be good if you increased your attendence at AA or MA meetings. It would also be good if your brother were on a proper treatment of medications. Is he taking them? Can you maybe get him to see another Doctor? Maybe he needs to go to a treatment center himself. . .

Wow, gonzo, I wish I was more adept to address your legal issues. However, I am not and just had to comment about this posters comment to your plea for help. Yes, perhaps it would not be a bad idea to do as the poster suggested, but what a empty response to your concerns about the legal aspects concerning the prevention from the courts to allow you to return to your desired home and place of employment! I am new to this forum but I would hope someone would respond to your legal issues and not give you only such "cliche" advice about your "recovery" issues! Afterall, this is a legal forum, isn't it?

True, Marcellus.

THe courts are going to make you go to AA, NA, or MA in most likelihood. If you admit you have a problem and start going there, that's what the courts like to hear. Even if you don't have a problem, and aren't an alcoholic or addict, they pretty much think you are and if you claim you aren't, than you are just in denial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back