victim not showing up to court

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbrady

My husband recieved a subpoena to testify in behalf of the prosecutors case agaisnt me. It was a domestic violence case, the original charge was agg. assult F4 or F3. It was scratched now I'm only being charged with a misdemeanor. He recieved a subpoena in the mail but, if he goes to court it will hurt my case according to my lawyer. Will he be prosecuted if he doesn't show up to court ? Another problem we have is that he works for the county as a detention officer, could there be any problems with his job if he does not show up for court? What is the best road to take here?

question

lbrady said:
My husband recieved a subpoena to testify in behalf of the prosecutors case agaisnt me. It was a domestic violence case, the original charge was agg. assult F4 or F3. It was scratched now I'm only being charged with a misdemeanor. He recieved a subpoena in the mail but, if he goes to court it will hurt my case according to my lawyer. Will he be prosecuted if he doesn't show up to court ? Another problem we have is that he works for the county as a detention officer, could there be any problems with his job if he does not show up for court? What is the best road to take here?

what was the outcome in your situation? I am going thru something similar.

He may not be prosecuted but it certainly helps your case if he doesn't show up to court. I understand the politics involved, but judges don't usually appreciate it when someone flouts their authority. I am sure your lawyer will raise this point, especially with regard to credibility and the degree of seriousness your husband is taking this serious prosecution. ;) Ask your lawyer since he is most familiar with the judge, the court, and the situation. What does he say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back